B&T Mount for Aimpoint PRO

Thread: B&T Mount for Aimpoint PRO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default B&T Mount for Aimpoint PRO

Ok guys, this is driving me slightly insane.

Does anyone have a good idea on what mount would work best to get the dot on an Aimpoint PRO in the factory QRP2 mount to sit just above the front sight hood? I've been digging for literally weeks now trying to figure out exactly what combo I need to make this happen. So far it seems like the factory mount without the spacer on a B&T 21241 mount might do exactly what I want, but I cannot find anyone with sight picture photos so I can be sure that will work and not just drop the dot in a position where the front sight hood obscures the POA.

Has anyone done this before? Any insight? I found some useful stuff in this thread, but there's nothing about the QRP2 mount.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm just gonna keep talking to myself since apparently half the forum has me on "ignore" somehow.

I got the 21241 mount in today, and as I half expected it to, the QRP2 mount does not fit onto it. Has anyone, ANYONE AT ALL, used this mount or the smaller one for the Micro with an Aimpoint PRO and found an aftermarket mount that will work, or am I better off selling this optic and buying an EOTech?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While I don’t have an Aimpoint pro / qrp2 mount to test, I’ll say I think you’re asking for too many stars to align given the mount associated with the pro. I have the 10266 with a T2 and it sits nicely within the ring, unobstructed.

If you’re going to run a pro and want the lowest sight picture you’ll need the same b&t 10266 (or the version armsulimited sells for $25. It has the shorter length slots that are perfect for a single ring mount). A good low 30mm ring would be a Burris xtr. I’ll link them below. For ~$60 shipped this is a solid combo that’ll get you as close as possible to what you want.

1/https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P8A148/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Tn9iDbF465F6K

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Low-Pr...es-p/10266.htm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I absolutely do not want an absolute cowitness setup. I legitimately have no idea why anybody does, given that the entire point of having an RDS is to simplify your sight picture rather than just make it glow.

I also tried the B&T mount at a local store on an EXPS3-2 and an XPS2-0. The EXPS3-2 simply does not attach to the 21241 at all. There's no way to get it over the rail. The XPS2-0 will only go on in a single spot.

I'm about ready to give up on this mount. What B&T mount should I be looking at to get a similarly low mount so that I'm not shooting from the hip in order to see through an EOTech, since I'm increasingly convinced I'm just going to sell the PRO and go that route anyway?

Sponsored Links