First post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First post

Hello everyone. As the title says, this is my first post. I did try to look for a welcome thread but did not see one. Sorry if I missed it. I have also tried to search for this answer, but have been unable to find what I think I am looking for. I am new to the HK platform, and am waiting to get my first rifle, the C308 ( know it isn't the greatest, but within my budget.) I went ahead and bought some used mags while I am waiting. However, I noticed that the followers in each of them, 5, all will get stuck if I push down on the very front part of the them. I am use to AK's and AR's and they do not do that. If one had done it, maybe two, then I would have thought something was wrong. But when all 5 of them want to get stuck pointing down, it would like to ask if that is normal, or did I get 5 bad mags? What could be issue/fix? Thanks for everyone's time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they are milspec GI mags, they won't have anti-tilt followers. I wouldn't worry about them. They are pretty damned reliable. ALL of mine do that, if you press the nose down far enough. But they are meant to go down level, not tilted excessively. Probably no issues. Just use 'em.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Intro post = HK ROOKIE CORNER
    Mag issue = Your fine
    New rifle = Congrats
    1st post = Welcome to HK PRO!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

hkfanky,

Welcome to the Red & Black road. It's a long journey and you will occasionally find that you empty your wallet. But you end up with a nice collection of HK firearms in the end.

Again, welcome to the HK Enablers forum!
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

"When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!"

Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies everyone. And yes, I guess they are GI mags as they are the CETME model C surplus mags.

Rick, found my way over to the Rookie Corner and said hello, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, I ended up getting a box of ammo, and bad news. Apparently the inside of the mags are so bad that the follower will not move freely enough to load all 20. Got about 10 in one, and as few as three in another.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Take 'em apart and clean 'em out. Probably full of Spanish dirt...

Then buy real HK mags, preferably the alloy ones. They fit fine and are a much better design. Cheap ($6 or so).

Conelrad
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I already had placed them in viniger to get an rust off and used a wire brush to scrub. The insides were a pretty hard to get to though. look rusty, but did not feel that bad by hand. I wonder if springs are bad. Who knows, but who cares. Springs are hard to find and are more $$$ than new/good condition mags are! LOL Guess I will just save myself frustration and just get better mags instead of trying to fix what I have. Waste of 12 mags! :(

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkfanky View Post
    I already had placed them in viniger to get an rust off and used a wire brush to scrub. The insides were a pretty hard to get to though. look rusty, but did not feel that bad by hand. I wonder if springs are bad. Who knows, but who cares. Springs are hard to find and are more $$$ than new/good condition mags are! LOL Guess I will just save myself frustration and just get better mags instead of trying to fix what I have. Waste of 12 mags! :(
    If you're interested in cutting your loses, I'd be glad to buy the bad mags from you...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links