POF parts tolerances?

Thread: POF parts tolerances?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question POF parts tolerances?

Last night I tried to get the trigger box of my PTR-9C to fit in a POF contoured SEF trigger housing and it was so tight I had to tap it in with a mallet and it was near impossible to take back out. I was wondering if POF parts are out of spec or is it the other way around? If I were to get an actual HK made trigger housing would the trigger box slip in and out easy like it does with the housing it came in with the PTR or not? Glad I didn't pay too much for it. I got it in a parts set around 80USD's from RTG and it was with a selector lever (which also doesn't want to work I might add), a tropical handguard and a A2 buttstock. Anybody have any problems as well with the POF lower being too tight a fit for the trigger box? And lastly Happy Independence Day everyone!

"Yippy Kiyay Motherfu**er!" John Mcclane

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Mcclane View Post
    Last night I tried to get the trigger box of my PTR-9C to fit in a POF contoured SEF trigger housing and it was so tight I had to tap it in with a mallet and it was near impossible to take back out. I was wondering if POF parts are out of spec or is it the other way around? If I were to get an actual HK made trigger housing would the trigger box slip in and out easy like it does with the housing it came in with the PTR or not? Glad I didn't pay too much for it. I got it in a parts set around 80USD's from RTG and it was with a selector lever (which also doesn't want to work I might add), a tropical handguard and a A2 buttstock. Anybody have any problems as well with the POF lower being too tight a fit for the trigger box? And lastly Happy Independence Day everyone!

Easiest way to tell is a factory box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My POF SMGPK’s trigger pack fits right in the HK housing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't think that's an HK housing. My understanding is that the SEF picto frames are all Coharie or similar aftermarket housings rather than being genuine HKs.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, the shape of the grip looks off too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmp5 View Post
    Easiest way to tell is a factory box

I will be getting a metal lower soon so I will try seeing if it is snug then. I might even get a genuine plastic HK SEF lower before the years out which I guess I would have been better off doing since since it was what I was going to do originally.

Sponsored Links