C308/Cetme butt stock

Thread: C308/Cetme butt stock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default C308/Cetme butt stock

I was wanting to attach a sling to my new C308, but noticed the butt stock has no hardware to attach anything to. It is a wooden Cetme stock if I am correct. I had bought a sling that had two HK type attachment points, but that obviously will not work with the butt stock. Would sling, or stock/adaptor would work best? Still learning about this platform guys, so bare with me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

CETME stock has a slot for the sling much like an old Mauser. Slip sling through, attach keeper, done.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you just want a cheap, sturdy sling the AK47 heavy canvas types work great
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But how do you attach it? That is what I am having an issue with. hkshooter mentioned a 'keeper'. Is that the same as a triglide for backpacks? I tried attaching a link to what I think you mean from rtg parts, but would not let me post the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does this picture help??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C308/Cetme butt stock-images_1562613285461.jpeg-1.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It does give me a better understanding of how the sling looks once placed. I had in my head that it would simply lop around something and come back through and not stick out on the other side like it does in your picture. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not all of them have a separate tab...my two both just have a mushroom shaped stud and a slot in the end that goes through the stock. You pass it through the stock, fold the end back, and secure the slot over the stud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a fairly decent picture of one of mine, if you look closely you can see the top of the mushroom shaped stud poking through the slot in the leather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C308/Cetme butt stock-20190109_173437_1562638432462.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so basically you just fold the leather over on itself and use the stud to prevent it from coming back through?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkfanky View Post
    so basically you just fold the leather over on itself and use the stud to prevent it from coming back through?
    Yep...the fold/added thickness keeps it from pulling back through. Easy-Peasy!!

Sponsored Links