SPUHR Stock Questions

Thread: SPUHR Stock Questions

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SPUHR Stock Questions

Is the Spuhr stock for sale stand alone? Or do you need to buy buffer tubes or any other accessories in order to have a Spuhr stock on a G3/PTR91 GI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the PTR 91 everything you need will be included with the stock.

If you have a HK93 or clone you have to have the metal rear end piece and buffer. The only thing I don't like about this stock is that you have to leave the buffer installed even though it doesn't do anything if you have a buffer in the carrier (which mine has). It ends up adding dead weight to the rifle.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I like the Retractable Stock but I’d like an in line stable Stock with a normal shorter length of pull which is what the Spuhr offers without cobbling up anything or sending it off to a doctor

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xmcp72 View Post
    For the PTR 91 everything you need will be included with the stock.

If you have a HK93 or clone you have to have the metal rear end piece and buffer. The only thing I don't like about this stock is that you have to leave the buffer installed even though it doesn't do anything if you have a buffer in the carrier (which mine has). It ends up adding dead weight to the rifle.
    Have you thought of disassembling the buffer, removing the guts and reinstalling? That if you need the whole body with the rear stock screw, if just the front plate to blank over the hole then just use that. Maybe weld the hole closed for the buffer rod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Have you thought of disassembling the buffer, removing the guts and reinstalling? That if you need the whole body with the rear stock screw, if just the front plate to blank over the hole then just use that. Maybe weld the hole closed for the buffer rod.
    I'm going to look into that. I can see where the paint is marred on the back plate, I should be able to hollow out the buffer and then have my cousin, who's a machinist, cut the tube down. I tried removing the buffer but the screws bottomed out, leaving play in the the stock. I'll repost in this thread after I test it out. Shortening the screws could work as well, I have a spare recoil buffer from when I upgraded the buffer in my PTR 91, maybe I'll test both methods.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To disassemble the buffer look at Bill Springfields site on how to take the buffer apart (as if you were going to do his upgrade yourself). There are stake punch points that need to be relieved to uncrew the body. Then you should be able unscrew the body and remove the internals. If your cousin is a machinist, when you have it taken apart have him mill slots in the buffer body around the radius of the tube so you have 4 or 5 strips that still connect the stock screw plate to the faceplate. That would lighten it but leave the strength to support the stock. If your buffer is a good condition one and you hesitate to butcher it I have a couple surplus ones about. I have upgraded all my stocks to better buffers so they are extras.

Sponsored Links