For those with UMP's, which is the "better" route. Omega or HK parts kit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For those with UMP's, which is the "better" route. Omega or HK parts kit?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default For those with UMP's, which is the "better" route. Omega or HK parts kit?

So my next HK gun im looking to do is a UMP. Thing is I am torn on which way to go. Personally, I would prefer to get an Omega receiver and put a HK demilled parts kit in it. My only issue with this is, can i sent the factory 45 barrel to get threaded vs having that weird front thing they have? or is that going to be a problem?

The other option is just get the Omega pistol. Either way I will be SBR'ing it. A plus to the Omega is the barrel looks to be threaded, and/or has a tri lug adaptor. either way works.

Has anyone done either of these ways, how did you like it?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have not dealt with any of the Omega receivers, however I did have ADCO cut and thread the original 16" USC HK Barrel to 7" for $75 plus shipping. ADCO does fantastic work and it was about a one week turnaround.

I personally would stick to HK (best) or HDPS barrels.

Also, in my opinion a 7" barrel looks a lot better than the 7.87" barrels, despite 7.87" being the official length. 7.87" barrels don't look right without the HK mounting donut, and whatever muzzle device you install ends up sticking out much further with the longer barrel.

Just chiming in so you are aware of your options, and hopefully save you some hassle in the future.

Edit: Also my HDPS barrel would refuse to feed the top round of any fully loaded magazine, so I would have to "down load" to 24 rounds. With the USC barrel (that has the little ramp), fully loaded rounds feed no problem.
    Last edited by bangbangduck; 07-16-2019 at 12:09 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

The gsg9 45 barrels have a proprietary 3-lug pattern. Just know that you'll have to buy their mount for plug and play.

If you want a 45, omega receiver is a great option. I'd skip the parts kit, and buy USC and UMP parts a la carte (not always easy).

Also, TommyBuilt is supposed to be releasing a UMP clone receiver shortly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangduck View Post
    I have not dealt with any of the Omega receivers, however I did have ADCO cut and thread the original 16" USC HK Barrel to 7" for $75 plus shipping. ADCO does fantastic work and it was about a one week turnaround.

I personally would stick to HK (best) or HDPS barrels.

Also, in my opinion a 7" barrel looks a lot better than the 7.87" barrels, despite 7.87" being the official length. 7.87" barrels don't look right without the HK mounting donut, and whatever muzzle device you install ends up sticking out much further with the longer barrel.

Just chiming in so you are aware of your options, and hopefully save you some hassle in the future.

Edit: Also my HDPS barrel would refuse to feed the top round of any fully loaded magazine, so I would have to "down load" to 24 rounds. With the USC barrel (that has the little ramp), fully loaded rounds feed no problem.
    Do you know if it would be possible for ADCO to "cut down" that ridge on the HK barrel if i have them threat it as well?

Ive also heard that the HDPS barrels can be real hit and miss.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I honestly don't know, but reach out to [email protected], they're good peoples.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    The gsg9 45 barrels have a proprietary 3-lug pattern. Just know that you'll have to buy their mount for plug and play.

If you want a 45, omega receiver is a great option. I'd skip the parts kit, and buy USC and UMP parts a la carte (not always easy).

If TommyBuilt is doing a UMP clone receiver, and it is coming in short order; I'd wait and see what Tommy turns out. He is top shelf......
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would imagine it’s derived from the Omega molds like the KSMs.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    I would imagine it’s derived from the Omega molds like the KSMs.
    Tom has modified the omega receivers for KSMs, at least in 9mm. My understanding is that it will be his receiver to his spec

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Atlantic has the tommy built guns in stock(at least some of them) and the receiver still has the omega logo on it but is marked with Tom's info. Personally I'd go with the tommy built one over the omega due to their(omega) stupid model name. At the end of the day if there is an issue I'd rather deal with tom as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tom has modified the omega receivers for KSMs, at least in 9mm. My understanding is that it will be his receiver to his spec
    I think the KSMs were an OEM'ed receiver as well. Given the costs of molds I wouldn't imagine making new ones from scratch would be economical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links