A couple of FREE 3D printable jigs for any builders out there.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By funtapaz

Thread: A couple of FREE 3D printable jigs for any builders out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A couple of FREE 3D printable jigs for any builders out there.

As I've went through the process of acquiring and building some HK roller-delay rifles, I came across the fact that some of the simple jigs are *really* expensive for what they are. So having a 3D printer and some time, I decided to design some alternatives. So far I have:

A jig to place the semi-auto weldment/shelf.

A jig to drill the hole for the 1/8" pin for a paddle release.

My next plans are to make a sight alignment jig for both the CETME and G3 style sights.

If anyone has any suggestions for other jigs that may be 3D printable feel free to let me know!
    login_local likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is awesome... thanks! What machine are you using to print in Nylon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RossinFL View Post
    This is awesome... thanks! What machine are you using to print in Nylon?
    I am using a Creality Ender 3 Pro with an upgraded hotend (Microswiss) and a garolite bed. I just bought another of the same printer and will be installing an E3Dv6 hotend on it and probably just sticking with a glass bed. Both are fine options.

Honestly, with the current batch of Ender 3 Pros, you can print nylon out of the box if you buy a glass bed. I just want to be able to print at temperatures higher than 260C for composite filaments.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funtapaz View Post
    I am using a Creality Ender 3 Pro with an upgraded hotend (Microswiss) and a garolite bed. I just bought another of the same printer and will be installing an E3Dv6 hotend on it and probably just sticking with a glass bed. Both are fine options.

Honestly, with the current batch of Ender 3 Pros, you can print nylon out of the box if you buy a glass bed. I just want to be able to print at temperatures higher than 260C for composite filaments.
    I also have an ender 3 pro. Have tried some basic ABS with minimal warping (no enclosure). I just got a CR10 and am about to set it up with a keenovo AC heated bed and a printed solid enclosure. I may also upgrade to the micro swiss hotend. Hope to be able to print your parts in a better material using this setup.

Anyways thank you very much for making the parts. I will definitely print them out when I get everything setup 100%.

By the way, what are you printing these parts in?
    Last edited by RossinFL; 07-20-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RossinFL View Post
    I also have an ender 3 pro. Have tried some basic ABS with minimal warping (no enclosure). I just got a CR10 and am about to set it up with a keenovo AC heated bed and a printed solid enclosure. I may also upgrade to the micro swiss hotend. Hope to be able to print your parts in a better material using this setup.

Anyways thank you very much for making the parts. I will definitely print them out when I get everything setup 100%.

By the way, what are you printing these parts in?
    I am printing the drilling jig with PLA, and I am printing the weldment jig with Nylon 6 for that extra little bit of heat tolerance. When I eventually get around to sight alignment stuff they will probably be Nylon 6 or NylonX, just depends.

Sponsored Links