Pof 5PK issue brace
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pof 5PK issue brace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pof 5PK issue brace

Just picked it up and found the Sb brace does not wanna slide on at all....

Even after a couple of mighty bangs?? Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same issue with my POF-5. My brace did not slide on easy either. To be fair the factory end cap wouldn’t come off without some gentle tapping with a rubber mallet (thought I was going to break the rear sling stud off), and the instructions included with my brace mentioned some fitting may be required. Easy enough to trace the receiver on the brace and trim the brace gently with a file or Dremel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude View Post
    Same issue with my POF-5. My brace did not slide on easy either. To be fair the factory end cap wouldn’t come off without some gentle tapping with a rubber mallet (thought I was going to break the rear sling stud off), and the instructions included with my brace mentioned some fitting may be required. Easy enough to trace the receiver on the brace and trim the brace gently with a file or Dremel.
    That’s the plan for tomorrow. Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, not sure what the issue is now. Maybe it’s the block welded onto frame. Pic attached

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any wear patterns on the outside of the receiver or inside of the brace? My POF-5 looks the same from the rear. Even after multiple times installing and removing the plastic end cap and dry fitting my brace, I still cannot remove either without using a rubber mallet. They will both install by pushing firmly, but it’s obvious to me that either my receiver or the cap and brace both need to be relieved on the rounded top portion as well as the bottom left. Pics below.

I haven’t fitted my brace yet since I have a separate issue that may require warranty work (haven’t decided what to do yet), but it seems surprising to me that my model has plenty of play everywhere else except the plastic end cap. Lots of wear on the receiver and it still fits really tight. Was your original end cap real difficult to remove/install?

Pof 5PK issue brace-2dc2d8f8-4bae-461d-9ed9-a4bf1df90931.jpeg
    Pof 5PK issue brace-6da373d0-c14a-4886-9524-af930742120c.jpeg
    Pof 5PK issue brace-6eeb4a59-96fe-447c-a9db-c3c140a77549.jpeg
    Pof 5PK issue brace-85ffbf24-a922-4390-8100-94e4c4027076.jpeg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any wear patterns on the outside of the receiver or inside of the brace? My POF-5 looks the same from the rear. Even after multiple times installing and removing the plastic end cap and dry fitting my brace, I still cannot remove either without using a rubber mallet. They will both install by pushing firmly, but it’s obvious to me that either my receiver or the cap and brace both need to be relieved on the rounded top portion as well as the bottom left. Pics below.

I haven’t fitted my brace yet since I have a separate issue that may require warranty work (haven’t decided what to do yet), but it seems surprising to me that my model has plenty of play everywhere else except the plastic end cap. Lots of wear on the receiver and it still fits really tight. Was your original end cap real difficult to remove/install?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DC2D8F8-4BAE-461D-9ED9-A4BF1DF90931.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	237754

Name:	6DA373D0-C14A-4886-9524-AF930742120C.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	237756

Name:	6EEB4A59-96FE-447C-A9DB-C3C140A77549.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	237758

Name:	85FFBF24-A922-4390-8100-94E4C4027076.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	237760
    I needed up removing material from inside top on brace. After about 20 min work it slid on and locked up. Also, my binary trigger dropped straight into the pof metal housing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The SB Tactical braces with the metal end caps have fitment issues. They are generally way too tight imo. This is a pretty well issue and is an issue on a lot more guns than just the POF. You often have to tap them on with a rubber mallet. Just make sure you keep it straight while it's going on if you attempt this method. Also be prepared for it to scratch the paint on the gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowr1der View Post
    The SB Tactical braces with the metal end caps have fitment issues. They are generally way too tight imo. This is a pretty well issue and is an issue on a lot more guns than just the POF. You often have to tap them on with a rubber mallet. Just make sure you keep it straight while it's going on if you attempt this method. Also be prepared for it to scratch the paint on the gun.
    Yea, kinda figured that out last week.

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you are ordering a Brace with this Pistol Please be careful to order the correct Model SB T5 with 1 pin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drp2hrd View Post
    If you are ordering a Brace with this Pistol Please be careful to order the correct Model SB T5 with 1 pin.
    I had the correct brace but it still needed modification.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links