I recently bought a NOS POF SMGPK
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I recently bought a NOS POF SMGPK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I recently bought a NOS POF SMGPK

I won an auction on GB a few weeks ago for a POF reverse stretch MP5. According to the seller it is brand new and he had it on display in his shop for the last 3 years. The pistol also had the SB tactical brace and two 30 round clear mags. The top of the pistol is marked SMGPK and a serial number beginning with the letter A. Searching around online I found a POF 5PK pistol on Atlantic Firearms that very closely resembles the rifle. Is this the same model as the one I bought?

I was able to get to the range yesterday to give it a try. I fired 120 rounds through it with no problems. The finish is good and the sights seem to be right on. I am very happy with my purchase.

I recently bought a NOS POF SMGPK-mp5k_right.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Did it come with the MP5 pistol end cap, POF metal magazines, and thread protector too?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mine reads POF SMGPK 18. I believe the 18 after the SMGPK is the year of manufacture.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilson180 View Post
    I won an auction on GB a few weeks ago for a POF reverse stretch MP5. According to the seller it is brand new and he had it on display in his shop for the last 3 years. The pistol also had the SB tactical brace and two 30 round clear mags. The top of the pistol is marked SMGPK and a serial number beginning with the letter A. Searching around online I found a POF 5PK pistol on Atlantic Firearms that very closely resembles the rifle. Is this the same model as the one I bought?

I was able to get to the range yesterday to give it a try. I fired 120 rounds through it with no problems. The finish is good and the sights seem to be right on. I am very happy with my purchase.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP5K_right.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	238700
    Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, and thanks for the report!!!

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 07-31-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    Did it come with the MP5 pistol end cap, POF metal magazines, and thread protector too?
    The pistol already had the brace on and there was no end cap. It had the 30 round clear mags,I think they are ETS. There were no POF metal mags. The thread protector was missing.
    I found a thread protector online for it. I am still looking for POF mags, though I was able to buy KCI metal ones that worked well. I am debating if I want to get an end cap since I like the brace.
    I had to use a rubber mallet to get the brace off, it was very tight. I spent 20 minutes with a Dremel on the inside of the brace and now I can put it on and remove it without tools though it is still tight.

On the top of the pistol it's marked POF SMGPK with no number. Then it has A 147XX.

I bought my first RDB rifle, a Century C308 in March of last year and since then I acquired a Sar 3/8 overstamp, a FMP 5/89 Xg3S, a PTR 91 GI and a cast St. Albans Cetme. I am seriously hooked on these. Still looking for a good deal on an actual HK.
    Last edited by wilson180; 07-31-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, and thanks for the report!!! ;biggrin:

Tony

Thanks, Tony! I am amazed at your knowledge of the RDB rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where were you able to find a thread protector? The POF I got has this plastic thread protector that's just essentially a bottle cap and I would like to get an actual thread protector.
    Last edited by lagg300; 07-31-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagg300 View Post
    Where were you able to find a thread protector? The POF I got has this plastic thread protector that's just essentially a bottle cap and I would like to get an actual thread protector.
    I found a 1/2 x 28 thread protector at RTG parts. It screws on fine but is about 1/8 inch short so a thread or so is exposed on the end. I'll use it until I find a longer one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagg300 View Post
    Are you talking about this plastic one in my picture? That's actually a plastic cover that houses a regular thread protector. You just need to slide the plastic cover off. No need to buy another. I recently bought a NOS POF SMGPK-imag2221.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congratulations on your purchase. You have yourself a great firearm. If the brace fit and firearm finish are good to go, you have nothing to worry about moving forward. It's a flawlessly functioning firearm. In agreement with Bluerogueone, the plastic endcap houses the thread-protector and just peels/shoots off similar to a Steyr AUG A1. Take note. The muzzle threads on the POF are longer than normal and thread protector removal is required for mounting a three-lug device/suppressor. Again. Good job and nice feet photo.

SAMMY!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links