Pof smgpk issue
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pof smgpk issue

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pof smgpk issue

Well I may have screwed up. I sbr’Ed my recent pof purchase. I have been dealing with the rifle failing to extract the case where a spent case is left In the gun as the bolt comes forward to chamber a new round. I have run a variety of different ammo and it seems it will randomly weakly extract the cases. It performs the same whether it runs suppressed or unsurpassed. The gun has seen 750 plus rounds down rams so far.

I recently changed out the extractor and extractor spring and unfortunately it didn’t resolve the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking of trying the ejector next? Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had an issue with my ejector being bent on my POF-5. It was dragging on the bolt too. If the trigger group hasn’t been worn down like mine from the ejector issue you may be able to replace it with the newer updated HK ejector which has been recommended to me by several others.

It won’t help you since you’ve gotten your paperwork, but Fedarm has been great with my issue and is sending me a replacement. Look several posts down for my POF-5 ejector issue/question thread. I posted several pics of my ejector and how it rides in the bolt. I’d post a link but I’m not all that savvy with this stuff... Best of luck to you!
    lakelandman likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback I’ll give the ejector a shot. Hopefully this ends up being an easy fix.

It’s weird it will throw brass into another county and then it randomly has extremely weak ejection.

When placing brass in the bolt, does the bolt/extractor hold the brass tight? I noticed with mine it seems loose, a lot touch on the brass causes the extractor to let go of the case rim. Is that normal?
    Last edited by bubba04; 08-03-2019 at 12:35 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are some pictures of my ejector. It looks like it’s rubbing the bolt, you can see metal has been removed, or is this normal?
    Pof smgpk issue-d90a2734-4de4-44ac-9c98-1b5c1b186dd8.jpeg
    Pof smgpk issue-5cc8743b-1f9d-4708-9d80-de1e22defde8.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5CC8743B-1F9D-4708-9D80-DE1E22DEFDE8.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	238960
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pof smgpk issue-ac015d32-350f-41fe-957c-f2b6f5adeb1f.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, looks a lot like my ejector did. Bent to the left and worn on the top... Several people have mentioned that the new HK ejector is worth the upgrade, so if there is no other real damage to the firearm, it may be worth looking into. I’ve seen them on HK parts for around $50. I’m no expert on roller lockers and am learning myself so if any seasoned owners chime in with different advise it’s worth listening to them for sure.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your help. I almost ordered it my last order! Hopefully this solves it!

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Swap out the Ejector with a HK and it should solve your problems with the POF MP5 Pistol
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys I am going to order one.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well hell. Changed ejector and am still experiencing the same issue. Winchester 124gr nato ammo. My reloads were most reliable but still had same issues.

Any ideas?

Pof smgpk issue-833394fb-4da8-436a-888e-aada5d87dc5a.jpeg

Well hell. My extractor spring is bent. Shaking the bolt causes the extractor to move. Hopefully this was the problem today. Wish I brought the spare.
    Last edited by bubba04; 08-10-2019 at 07:31 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The extractor and spring should hold a live round without it falling out. If the round falls out replace your spring. If the spring holds a live round and the gun still won't extract and eject properly check/replace the ejector, be sure it moves freely and is high up into the slot in the bolt head. Check the claw tip of your extractor for missing pieces/breaks.

There is more but this is a good place to start and is normally found to be the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links