Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gulfstategaurd
  • 2 Post By Viper5243
  • 1 Post By Mr.Maim

Thread: FTE with V53

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FTE with V53

I wasn't sure if this should be in the clone or NFA section. I have a V53 with a registered pack in it. Im having a problem with the brass not completely ejecting out of the receiver. It's being dropped back into the receiver. Backwards, forwards, upside down, between the ejector and hammer, you name it. Even into the trigger pack.

The trigger pack can't go any higher so i don't think it's a shelf problem. The locking piece was a #8 but i bought a #3 and nothing changed. MKE polymer mags seem to work better then 40rd HK mags, yet it's not a mag problem since it does the same thing without a mag in the gun. I have tried running it suppressed with a YHM phantom QD 308 and the #3 and #8 and neither worked, and actually mad the gun single shot. I have a PCS heavy spring/rod on the way which should be here in a few days. At first the extractor spring was really weak and breathing on it would move the extractor up and down. I have a new one on the way but in the mean time bent the current one so it actually has some pressure on the extractor. Seems to grab the rounds fine. Now im seeing posts about the ejector. The one that's in the gun was the one that came with the gun. It's the one that's longer in the rear. If i can find one thats not crazy expensive ill get the shorter one to try it out. Besides that i can't think of anything different i can try or buy besides a new BCG or just say screw it and sell it and get another one. There is no rubbing with the carrier and receiver and the flutes are clean as well.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no reviving a worn out extractor spring, it's done, throw it away. Don't waste any more ammo until you've replaced it.
    My V53 runs fine with my FA pack and the Vector supplied ejector lever. It has never been finicky about mags, even cheap ProMags work well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you are throwing a lot out there, lets see if we can sort through some of it.
    1. the heavier recoil rod assembly is to help the gun return to battery reliably. If you have not dialed in the correct locking peice for the backpressure of the can for it to run reliably it may add one more layer of frustration. The can adds need for more delay in the roller release so you do not have the bolt opening too soon/too much bolt energy.

2. your problem is likely between your extractor spring and your ejector spring. Inspect your extractor for wear and damage. Make sure when your fresh spring comes in you properly rotate it to get it in without bending it. That is probably how your old one failed.

3.Also turn your gun upside down as you cycle the action to check how the ejector interacts with the bolt. Make sure it is not bent and aligns with the track in the bolt, verify it is not dragging on the bottom of the bolt as well. You may need to actually press the ejector to the bolt to see if there is still play.

4. You mentioned you had concerns about your lower height, check along the seams on both sides, are they even from front to rear, are both sides even? If the pack is canted and not even it can force the ejector too high and it can bind the bolt. It can also bend the ejector and that can contibute to failing to clear casings from your reciever.

I do believe when your springs are replaced your issues should disappear. If your extractor spring is crap as it is cycling it cannot hold the casing in place and the ejector is knocking it loose instead of kicking it out.
    FearlessLeader likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Gulf,

The new rod/spring was originally ordered because of another problem i was having, unrelated to this and that problem was solved.

I really had no intention of shooting suppressed. The gun came with the #8 and most of what i was seeing said that was the wrong size and was for longer barrels. So when i ordered the #3 and it didn't change anything i put the suppressor on the gun and tried both #3 & #8 and neither worked. I don't really see using the suppressor much past this experiment.

The gun has been sitting in the back of the safe for close to 7-8 years. I broke most of it down to clean it and when i was looking at the extractor the spring was completely worn out. If you held it upside down and stuck a case in the bolt, the extractor wouldn't even touch it. I ordered some new ones which should be here Monday. In the mean time i bent it back a little and now it's tight and grabs the round every time.

The ejector rides dead center through the slot in the bolt, but i can definitely push it up closer to the center of the bolt.

There is a pic floating around from Retrodog that shows the difference between the 33/93 and 53 ejectors. The 53 is longer in the back but also looks taller at the tip of the ejector that goes through the bolt, which looks like it would solve a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please post updates when you get it running. They are fun to run suppressed so do not give up on that yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the extractor spring wasn't the problem. Waiting on the new ejector to show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you may wish to try a #15 / 65 degree locking piece and change out that ejector to the shorter one as well. I believe this will solve your problems, it did for me.

Frank in GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was the ejector. The new one came in today and it sits closer to the center of the bolt. I ran about 300rds today and only had one FTE. Man those hand guards get hot fast!!
    Frank in GA. and flybynt like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Good, I was watching this thread with interest. One of my favorite rifles is my V53 and it has been flawless since day one, so it is good to know where to look first once it starts misbehaving.
    flybynt likes this.

Sponsored Links