Brand new HK53 CLONE won't fit ANY mags - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Brand new HK53 CLONE won't fit ANY mags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I called the builder, turns out they checked mag fitment using a pro mag (they called it a magpul until I made them double check) since they don't have steel HK mags apparently. I used a marker to see exactly what was rubbing and dremeled the inside of the mag well in those spots, now it works fine and you can't tell by looking at the outside. Its not Century or PTR, I don't want to put them on blast just yet. Also a little irritated I asked for a standard front sling loop and I got an ambi, asked for my demilled receiver scraps back (for a keychain) still no sign of them.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinhatman View Post
    Ok, I called the builder, turns out they checked mag fitment using a pro mag (they called it a magpul until I made them double check) since they don't have steel HK mags apparently. I used a marker to see exactly what was rubbing and dremeled the inside of the mag well in those spots, now it works fine and you can't tell by looking at the outside. Its not Century or PTR, I don't want to put them on blast just yet. Also a little irritated I asked for a standard front sling loop and I got an ambi, asked for my demilled receiver scraps back (for a keychain) still no sign of them.
    IMHO if you gonna post about issues then not call out who did the build then why vent to the membership so other can benefit from your experiences. Just saying....
    AGG likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    IMHO if you gonna post about issues then not call out who did the build then why vent to the membership so other can benefit from your experiences. Just saying....
    So all the issues have been resolved to my satisfaction. The receiver scraps have arrived, HK magazines now fit fine and none of the modifications are outwardly visible. They didn’t charge me for cutting the 93 length cocking tube support to 53 length, included a nice soft case, and rear diopter sight (which I didn’t provide). The serial # is well under 15 so they might not be as well versed in rifle caliber guns as their pistol caliber ones, which have a good reputation. The front ambi sling mount has grown on me so I’m satisfied with the over all turn out and will probably get one of their SDs or 10mm guns in the future. The builder was Omega guns.
    Last edited by Tinhatman; 08-28-2019 at 04:30 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What kind of experienced HK builder would not test a factory 33/93 mag and pro mag for lock up and function... on top of that... they called it a magpul!!!! Rookie....
    AGG likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Who's the builder?
    Your signature!! You really do Desperately Need Treatment! I put an Intoximeter 1000 on my computer so I can't rant after drinking....

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    Help a brother out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmp5 View Post
    What kind of experienced HK builder would not test a factory 33/93 mag and pro mag for lock up and function... on top of that... they called it a magpul!!!! Rookie....
    Amateurs!!!

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links