Help me decide: build a 40 or a 10mm MP5?

Poll: Which would you suggest for my next sear host?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help me decide: build a 40 or a 10mm MP5?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Help me decide: build a 40 or a 10mm MP5?

For those in the know, which do you suggest for my next sear host?
    Last edited by TallPine; 08-21-2019 at 05:24 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Both! 40 cal Ammo is cheap and 10mm is expensive, but each has their own place.
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I own both and I find the 10mm more fun to shoot than the 40. Maybe its the recoil impulse, maybe its the noise not sure what it is but
    whatever it is, I like it!! First time I shot the 10mm at an indoor gun range the guys at the front desk called into the range officer and had
    him ask me what caliber I was shooting. I think that they thought I was shooting a rifle caliber which you were not permitted to do at this range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    For those in the know, which do you suggest for my next sear host?
    Personally, I thank @G3k urtz {Jim} for my addiction to the MP5 10MM. Once you shoot it....you'll forget everything else.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks so far fellas. I have been leaning towards the 10mm but admittedly need to get up to speed on which builds are made the right way, and which to avoid (soft trunnions, etc). The new Bailey at Omega had quoted me a build price but never answered which trunnion he used. Kind of stuck in analysis paralysis at the moment...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Thanks so far fellas. I have been leaning towards the 10mm but admittedly need to get up to speed on which builds are made the right way, and which to avoid (soft trunnions, etc). The new Bailey at Omega had quoted me a build price but never answered which trunnion he used. Kind of stuck in analysis paralysis at the moment...
    No, no, no, no...…@Tallpine

Jeeze…...Ok....Again, just contact Ralph at RDTS, tell him "Brad" sent you to him, and you would like ABC. Then, state, "Ralph,.....How much?.....Ralph....How long???" From there, just sit back and let Ralph do his "Thang". {No....I get nothing. Ralph has just done great work for me BIG TIME, so I try to help him like I did someone else, but that some one else started screwing people...no names....you can all read}

Now.....after that conversation, you're going to have withdrawals.....just be ready for it. A few weeks later, you'll have a surprise in the FFL. You'll "try" to shoot crap ammo through it, {I did}, and then you'll find out that it needs to move at 1250 fps, and do otherwise with your ammo, and your third phone call to @RDTS

At this point, Ralph will tell you to go buy something better than crap ammo {like me}, and try Sig 10MM ammo...……………………………….

The end of the story is...….happy ending, no phone calls to Ralph, and Tallpine happy as a pig in sh$t

Cheers!!!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

@Brad4065 "sent me" equals 20% up charge, right?

jk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    .....At this point, Ralph will tell you to go buy something better than crap ammo {like me}, and try Sig 10MM ammo...
    Well there goes my "grand" plan.lol
    I was assuming I could get by reloading my own 10mm.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One of the Ralphs (RDTS or Ralph Jr) is who I would go with, I have an RDTS MP5/40 in NFA jail right now. Both are easy to get ahold of, responsive and have great reputations. I've heard good things about TPM but haven't used them myself. Several of the Bailey companies had a reputation for developing cracked trunnions in their MP5/40 and MP5/10s. Bailey is just not worth the hassle IMO.

Life is too short to buy a gun just to troubleshoot it. I know some guys swear they are fine but my experience and a lot of others would tell you it's a crapshoot. Do you want to enjoy this thing or try and figure out how much of the gun needs to be replaced to function?

I'll be the killjoy and suggest 40, I love the 10mm but the MP5/10 is the only 10mm that has any appeal to me and I've got enough calibers on the shelf. And unless you're shooting living things, they both make the same size hole.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

10mm definitely.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links