Z5RS back from Zenith
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Z5RS back from Zenith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Z5RS back from Zenith

I sent my Z5RS back to Zenith because I was having some feeding issues with Federal HP ammo, also slightly loose mag well and minor sight issue. They adjusted the front sight, adjusted the mag well, adjusted the case deflector and polished the bolt face. My HK sight adjustment tool will not work for elevation, but theirs worked just fine. Maybe my tool is defective or I am using it wrong. They test fired 4 types of ammo, including the Federal that I am having trouble with and found no issues. I'll take it to the range next week and see how it does. Overall, I think they did the best they could.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Thanks for the report--- one of the many reasons that I do not buy "newly-manufactured"!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope that all will be well for your Z5RS now that it has been "tuned". Be sure and let us know about your range session.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Took it to the range today and it still will not feed the last round in the mag. That's Federal 147 gr. HP. It just rams the round beside the chamber, pushing the bullet into the case. That's OK, it feeds FMJ fine and it shoots a hell of a group at 50 yds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My Z5-P has the same issue. It went back for a mag well adjustment; consistently hangs up on the last round in the mag using various brands of JHPs. Would really like to identify a solution...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my Z5RS back in 2015. All the mags I have tried (MKE, HK, KCI) fit a bit loose. No real issues after about 3k rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCshooter711 View Post
    I got my Z5RS back in 2015. All the mags I have tried (MKE, HK, KCI) fit a bit loose. No real issues after about 3k rounds.
    Likewise with mine. The MKE mags is just a little loose on my Z5RS. Funny because the POF mags that I purchased from Atlantic Firearms is much more snugged with very little wiggle when inserted in my Z5RS. Bought my Z5RS in April of this year. I got approximately 2000 rounds with to issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I picked up 5 of the GEN2 KCI mags and they all fit snug in my Z5RS. I have about 1000 rounds thru it now and they are all still as snug as when I first used them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jorayr97; 08-31-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

I would guess that the last HP round is hanging up because all of the HPs are dragging a little and when the spring is fully uncompressed it just doesn't have the power to overcome the resistance. Does Wolff make XP springs for MP5 mags?

At any rate, in a situation where you're using HP rounds for their intended purpose, you likely wouldn't be running the mag dry anyway.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you really want to run the 147gr HP ammo in your Z5RS, what about loading one(1) FMJRN cartridge in the mag first, and then fill it with the 147gr HP ones. Perhaps this will solve the problem, and cost nothing!!! Just a thought...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links