HK53 clone evaluation (pics)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK53 clone evaluation (pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK53 clone evaluation (pics)

Haven't posted here much since I never did get my old account back after the purge , or whatever happened years ago.

I've been looking for a V53 for a while, almost landed one but it had a mag fitment issue (bolt wouldn't close on inserted mag, sounds like a build issue and I passed).

A few days later this thing popped up on my local armslist. Guy isn't the original owner. Says orginal owner had it assembled on a SW53 receiver. Barrel has no markings he can find, (splined though, so RCM is my best guess?). Says PCS did the work (what original owner told him). Comes with two promags. I kind of found it odd, that someone would have a 53 and no aluminum mags with it. I plan to take a couple of mine to test fit them. Says the "rollers were resized to run suppressed or unsuppressed" I'm assuming this was the locking piece but I'm not 100% on it.

To me, the welds look pretty good. The Sw thing gives me pause, but I don't think Todd ever built complete 53's did he? ( I don't recall seeing any) and his receivers were in a lot of builds. I have no way of knowing if PCS did the work, but I have no reason to believe they didn't, but I've also never owned a PCS gun (I havea zenith, a BW5 that runs flawlessly with the right mags, a V93 that is just fine, and a G3 built by a guy in AZ on an FMP receiver)

I'll toss a few pics up here to hopefully get opinions - and I'll also ask what I should look out for? The only time I've spent over 1K on a clone was for my Z5p. And that was new with a warranty. Want to make sure as best I can I'm making a good call on this one. TIA.

HK53 clone evaluation (pics)-37049_resized.jpeg
    HK53 clone evaluation (pics)-37047_resized.jpeg
    HK53 clone evaluation (pics)-37070_resized.jpeg
    HK53 clone evaluation (pics)-f7261a0666bd4be3cf07fa0f2933c63b.png

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Examine the lock up in the cocking tube/reciever. The metal of the recievers is a bit softer and cocking tube lockups are reinforced to handle the wear. That lockup looks worn just off of square. Make sure it holds or determine if it needs reinforcing. Not a deal breaker in itself but definitely a price negotiating point. (Not a build to use the HK Slap on because that will continue to wear it down) RCM Barrels are marked or at least the ones I own. If a PCS build, call PCS, He will tell you if he did and how to tell) If barrel is unmarked (and not just that the markings were filled with paint then the barrel may be a Century).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Examine the lock up in the cocking tube/reciever. The metal of the recievers is a bit softer and cocking tube lockups are reinforced to handle the wear. That lockup looks worn just off of square. Make sure it holds or determine if it needs reinforcing. Not a deal breaker in itself but definitely a price negotiating point. (Not a build to use the HK Slap on because that will continue to wear it down) RCM Barrels are marked or at least the ones I own. If a PCS build, call PCS, He will tell you if he did and how to tell) If barrel is unmarked (and not just that the markings were filled with paint then the barrel may be a Century).
    Did century make splined barrels? I didnt think they did?

ETA - good eye on the nub on the cocking tube. I didn't see that. Wonder why it's like that, other than wear....
    Last edited by Cryo_Tech; 08-25-2019 at 01:32 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Reciever metal is softer. On some 53, and 51k builds you have to cut back into the reciever to create the lockup since the cocking tube is so short, if you use the HK Slap to release the bolt it wears /damages the soft metal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

understood. It does look worn.
    I've never owned a 53 though, only 93/mp5/G3 They all have the harder angled "nub" there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If the wear starts to interfere with solid lockup you may need to have a reinforcement to build up the area. Just make sure you release it and not use the slap technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My best friend is an 02/7 and an excellent welder. Not too worried about it, if that's the only issue.

I know some about these guns, but am by far no expert. Trying to not make an expensive mistake here, but the price is, I think pretty good on this one if in fact PCS did do the work on it, and it's an RCM barrel. Granted it's not V53 cheap or C93P cheap. But the last V53 I saw on GB was about 1300 bucks, and it was pretty ugly. And the C93P there at 1400 is a hard no
    Aeroshep likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Looking at the pictures this is not a weapon we built we do not install the cocking tube in that manner and the welds we place are different. Hope this helps
    Cryo_Tech likes this.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghilliebear2000 View Post
    Looking at the pictures this is not a weapon we built we do not install the cocking tube in that manner and the welds we place are different. Hope this helps
    Damnit. I knew it was too good to be true.. My luck just isn't that good.

So if it's not yours, who then I wonder. I think the previous owner told the current owner it was a parabellum build.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Look similar how special weapons used to build There's. But it's hard to tell there's so many people out there that put these guns together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links