MKE Magazines for Z-5P

Thread: MKE Magazines for Z-5P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MKE Magazines for Z-5P

My Zenith Z5P is a great gun, but it is picky about magazines that fit easily in the magwell. Once they seat, all my mags function perfectly in the gun.

HK (German) magazines don't insert easily, and the US made 15rd mag I bought off HKParts is REALLY difficult to insert.

However, the MKE 30rd mags fit perfectly and easily insert into the magwell.

So, I'm looking to stock up on a few mags but I want to find MKE mags to make sure they fit well. Problem is, MKE mags are about as hard to find as Zenith guns right now! (HKParts has them for $65, but I've seen them for a lot less and was looking for a better price).

I'm thinking about trying out a KCI mag. Does anyone know if KCI mags will fit in a tight magwell?
    Last edited by jwise; 08-31-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    J. Wise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a single gen 2 KCI 30rd mag to test.

I haven't tested actual function yet, but it seems to fit just as well as my MKE mags.

Better than the German H&K magazine which is actually fairly loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might recommend that you send it back to Zenith under warranty so you can properly use real HK magazines, because other companies' magazines are similar specs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol it’s kind of funny that zenith boasts about being close to HK as you can get but you can’t use HK stuff. Fail...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrillaznyc View Post
    Lol it’s kind of funny that zenith boasts about being close to HK as you can get but you can’t use HK stuff. Fail...
    They're usable, it's just the MKE ones tend to fit better. It's interesting that I have a loose HK mag and jwise has a really tight HK mag.

Maybe they're from different eras?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...rod128727.aspx

free shipping with VB5 for orders over $49, which you definitely would be lol

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrillaznyc View Post
    Epic!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HK and MKE mags fit exactly the same in my Zenith. 🏻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by login_local View Post
    I might recommend that you send it back to Zenith under warranty so you can properly use real HK magazines, because other companies' magazines are similar specs.
    I already sent it back to Zenith for warranty work once (extraction/ejection issues as well as the magazine well). They performed the following work:

Polished bolt face
    Tuned and polished extractor
    Extractor spring replaced
    Magazine well adjusted

However, the magazine well still won't easily accept the HK mags I have or the USA magazine. They asked me to send in the HK mags for them to inspect, etc., but I passed up on this as they stated they had already "adjusted" the magwell. I expected this to fix any issues I had.

As the HK mags work (just a bit stiff getting in), I will just buy MKE mags as they are very high quality in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up on Brownells!

Sponsored Links