KAC handguard for MP5 clone
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AMill08

Thread: KAC handguard for MP5 clone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default KAC handguard for MP5 clone

I have a Turner Fab MP5 clone and was wondering if anyone has used the KAC handguard .. is it worth the 340 + price tag?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I prefer the kac handguard over the tropical as it doesn't have the flex(and don't like how small the original handguard is).

Do you want to throw a light or front grip on the gun? Do you want no flex or hell just like the look of the rail? If so go nuts. You shouldn't have a problem reselling it in the future if you decide you don't want it. Hell if the supply dries up again you could get your money back, they went for crazy money before kac agreed to make them again although I don't think that will be the case this time as a bunch were dropped on the market.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

If you want to put a vertical grip on it AND want to properly mount a red dot or holo sight, yes it's worth it, along with the KAC optic mount (aimpoint or picatanny mount).

If you're just looking for something to stick a vertical grip to, there are more than a dozen options including Dakota Tactical, B&T, Midwest Industries, Recoil Technologies, KE Arms, Magpul, AIM Sports, HKParts.net's own branded stuff, Surefire M63...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, I have a surefire handguard with light on my MP5 now with a SB brace.. the Surefire is handy but I don’t care for the light pocket “hump” in front.. I’ll check out a few other options, but like the look of the KAC
    Thanks for the input...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the KAC handguard on my Zenith and love it.

Z06 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would you post more pics of your Zenith showing how you mounted the light and pad please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't have the KAC rail for my MP5 (yet), but I've used their carbine and rifle length rails for two different ARs and I have to say that they're well worth the money. They have a bit of heft to them though so if you're obsessed with weight on a (what I think is) already light firearm, you might not like it.

Surefire also made a tri rail handguard called the M63 but it's discontinued and I can't find a used one anywhere.

Sponsored Links