HK G36 Bolt Head... who makes the best?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK G36 Bolt Head... who makes the best?

  1. #1
    Member
    GregAB's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default HK G36 Bolt Head... who makes the best?

    Who makes the best G36 bolt head? Is the HK factory bolt head the only way to go or do some of the various G36 clone parts makers possibly manufacture even better bolt using more modern technology????

  2. #2
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,203
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default HK G36 Bolt Head... who makes the best?

    You can’t buy G36 bolt heads from HK any more. Only option for a German on is to pay someone over $600 for one. Other than HKparts, no one else makes a US made version of it. You might looking into converting a SL8 bolt head.
    Last edited by Oicani; 09-11-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

  3. #3
    Member
    GregAB's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think HKParts bolt heads are made by GSG9? Does anyone know for sure who makes the HKParts bolt heads and what's the reputation of that maker?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    tbostic's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2004
    Location : Md.
    Posts : 538
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    Default

    Same US maker for the last 15 years Ive install thousands and Ive never seen one fail.
    CharlieDeltaJuliet and GregAB like this.
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 957
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregAB View Post
    I think HKParts bolt heads are made by GSG9? Does anyone know for sure who makes the HKParts bolt heads and what's the reputation of that maker?
    I had a GSG9 bolt in my SL8 awhile back -- came stained from the factory, but it ran flawless.

    That said.. I didn't torture it or hit it with all that many rounds. On the other hand, I have a very well used HK416 upper that was a LEO trade in, and another that hasn't seen much use. The well-used upper has been shot enough to melt a divot into the handguard, and the piston was blackened on the surface to a point that a week's worth of soaking in CLP and scrubbing didn't do much but lighten it. The bore and bolts, however, clean up beautifully and if I couldn't tell the difference between the two except by serials.

    Bottom line? German space magic is a thing.
    Last edited by sickness; 09-11-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 110
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Who is the best at converting SL8 bolts?

  8. #7
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,203
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    It’s very sad day to say that your only option is to either overpay for a German bolt head (if you can find one) or overpay for a USA GSG9 bolt at $260 which is more than the what a German used to sell at when they were readily available... $195 by comparison.

    The writing is on the wall.

  9. #8
    Member
    GregAB's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I got into this build a little late in the game with prices what they are now, you are correct Oicani the prices are up there even for the copies. I have a chance to buy a German made HK bolt-head but wanted to ask you guys on this forum if the price is actually justified paying more than double the cost of the GSG9 bolt??? I haven't heard from anyone in this thread or in PMs that the GSG9 bolts were not good, on the contrary, TommyB has said the GSG9 bolt is OK. Has anyone had any problems with the clone bolts... I would like to know before I decide to get the HK bolt and buy once and cry once (or maybe twice)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    It’s very sad day to say that your only option is to either overpay for a German bolt head (if you can find one) or overpay for a USA GSG9 bolt at $260 which is more than the what a German used to sell at when they were readily available... $195 by comparison.

    The writing is on the wall.

  10. #9
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 957
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregAB View Post
    I got into this build a little late in the game with prices what they are now, you are correct Oicani the prices are up there even for the copies. I have a chance to buy a German made HK bolt-head but wanted to ask you guys on this forum if the price is actually justified paying more than double the cost of the GSG9 bolt??? I haven't heard from anyone in this thread or in PMs that the GSG9 bolts were not good, on the contrary, TommyB has said the GSG9 bolt is OK. Has anyone had any problems with the clone bolts... I would like to know before I decide to get the HK bolt and buy once and cry once (or maybe twice)!
    More than twice the price? That's a rip-off. $409.
    https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/HK-...56_p_1442.html

  11. #10
    Member
    GregAB's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The HK bolt I'm considering is a new still in the wrapper, not a used one and the price is $600.00 CrAzY I know. I'm bewitched by the German Space Magic thingy... even considering paying that price... I know!
    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    More than twice the price? That's a rip-off. $409.
    https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/HK-...56_p_1442.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •