The whole range skipped a beat
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The whole range skipped a beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The whole range skipped a beat

Got a new toy for my birthday, and headed out to the local indoor range. Got a .308 ptr51p from sarco with an adapter and shockwave brace from hk parts, and an mp5 slim handguard from zenith.....fired off a 20 round mag to function check the gun , and when i cleared and set it down, the range was silent. Turned around and everyone on the range was clustered around my position trying to see what was so darn loud. 😀. The whole place skipped a beat. Range staff and a few shooters got to put some rounds down range, and were duly impressed with the three foot long fireball, the concussion that made guys three bays down double up on ear pro, and the ability to shoot one target while simultaneously ruining an adjacent one with mach speed ejected brass....

All around fun day for all involved. Ive bought a lot of impractical guns for the looks and collector value, but this is the first one that made me smile. Ill try to post pics later ( im tech challenged).

The gun is stamped pistol on the spine, everything ( all add on parts , brace etc), held together solidly .
    Ran 200 rounds of wolf steel cased 308, 20 rounds of SA uirplus ball ammo, and 20 rounds of (magtech? I think) brass cased stuff without a hiccup. No jams or ftf or anything. I thought the bolt moved forward sluggishly when i did the usual slap, but no issues. The magazine well was tight toward the rear, so mag changes were stiff on the standard aluminum mags ( may flex it a bit with a wrench later tonight).

Gun was fired iron sight and with an old SUIT sight at a measly 20 yards, and while its no test for any sort of accuracy, it shot a quarter sized 10 round group. The rest of the ammo went so ridiculously quick with little regard for fine aim.

Accurate, reliable, will probably set targets on fire at under 10 yards. Highly recommended

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Thanks for the report--- definitely an attention getter!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wide handguard is a necessity, slimnone is going on the .22

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember when I first got my hk91, i was more impressed with the brass getting ejected into lower earth orbit than where the bullet went.
    Tailflash likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do not use a wrench on the mag well. Best to get 2 steel blocks, some thin sheet metal to use as shim stock that is a bit shorter than the blocks, place shim between the blocks, insert in mag well, check fit, adjust, then take a clamp and clamp the blocks together, the shorter shim stock between the blocks will create a cantilever effect allowing you to open the mag well. Use a rubber mallet to tap the blocks forward and rearward to uniformly widen the mag well and re shape it. Add more shim if necessary and repeat until the mag fits but does not rattle. If you open it a little too much where you get a slight rattle side to side on the mag use your hands to squeeze (or carpenters clamp) the center of the mag well opening to remove the rattle play. This will allow easy mag drops but good lock up. Avoid the wrenches, most times it creates creases and really doesnt adjust the mag well to where it should function correctly. If my explanation was not clear enough PM me and Ill send pics of how to adjust the mag well.
    FearlessLeader likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds-like youve done this quite a few times! 😀im going to give it a try tonight see how it works out .

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I did that at a machinegun shoot. Mike Woodward of TSC Machine brought down my 21k as it was still pending a form 4 to a local shoot for me and put a postie pack on it(my pack hadn't been tested in it yet). Did a belt dump right away from the shoulder(I had fired it before). Turned to see him and Suds from on here laughing as pretty much everyone on the main line had turned to see what the hell I was shooting from the shoulder that was that loud. With the brake that was installed on it the 50 cals couldn't compete with noise.

Did the same thing at a reddit shoot like two months ago at the Cove in Va. A friend and I did magpul d60 dumps to start it off when we arrived from two 5.56 guns. I got bored and then did a belt dump out of the 21k. Had a good bit of the crowd looking over to see what the hell I was shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

😀

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Haha, it is fun to shoot isnt it? Same thing happens when I take mine out. I call mine the Dragon :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The whole range skipped a beat-pdw.jpg   The whole range skipped a beat-pdw2.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beautiful... i just got my surefire handguard from rtg parts, so its off to the range 😀❤️

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links