PTR 9KT roller bumps - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PTR 9KT roller bumps

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GTS197 View Post
    Since it’s a popular discussion, I have the 9CT. Does the full size require a different one?
    No... The full size MP5 is good to go with the standard 100° locking piece, suppressor and 147gr's.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    No... The full size MP5 is good to go with the standard 100° locking piece, suppressor and 147gr's.
    Talked to PTR today. They said to use 80*, and recommended the HK over the RCM (said the RCM was built to a lesser tolerance and could cause premature headspace issues). When inquired into they’re bolt head not working with other locking pieces, I was told that if it didn’t work they’d supply me with another bolt head. He said the HK locking piece would be tight, but should work. Does that information sound accurate?

If I stay with the factory 100*, would that be good to go with the 158gr subsonic loads?
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since spotting these bumps, I've done a fair amount of research into possible causes and the locking pieces. It appears that changing locking pieces for suppressor use is only relevant to the mp5k.

That being said, I ran 150 rds through it (no suppressor), and I'm still getting excessive bolt velocity with the new, stiffer recoil spring. Kicks like a mule (relative to the full size mp5 I had on hand today) and the lower rear stock pin was starting to work itself out. Bolt is already marking up the buffer pretty good. This is using 124gr PMC FMJ and Federal TSJ.

Last time I checked, the bolt gap was at 1300 rds and it was exactly 0.016"

I'll check it again tomorrow after giving it a good cleaning.

I'm still waiting on the 80° locking piece from hkparts. We'll see how that goes...
    BulkHead likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, just picked up my PTR MP5K, this form was very informative is this a common problem with these guns. If so how can you prevent this from happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Talked to PTR today. They said to use 80*, and recommended the HK over the RCM (said the RCM was built to a lesser tolerance and could cause premature headspace issues). When inquired into they’re bolt head not working with other locking pieces, I was told that if it didn’t work they’d supply me with another bolt head. He said the HK locking piece would be tight, but should work.
    They said RCM is built to a lesser tolerance, then go on to say an HK locking piece may be tight in their bolthead and would replace it cause the conclusion would be that it was essentially out of spec... LMAO
    (Does TB run the warranty dept at PTR now?) LMAO again.
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 09-21-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    gt40doc likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They said RCM is built to a lesser tolerance, then go on to say an HK locking piece may be tight in their bolthead and would replace it cause the conclusion would be that it was essentially out of spec... LMAO
    Decided to reach out to Marine0303, and eliminate the riff-raff. He said that the factory 100* LP is fine for running a can. Looks like I'll be leaving it alone after all.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Surprised nobody has mentioned checking bolt gap.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Decided to reach out to Marine0303, and eliminate the riff-raff. He said that the factory 100* LP is fine for running a can. Looks like I'll be leaving it alone after all.
    The definitive application of the HK locking pieces in your query was clarified by Jim Schatz years ago... which would "eliminate" ALL the "riff-raff".

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Another suggestion, please check your cocking tube gap. Set up the gun for checking bolt gap (release bolt, drop hammer) but check the gap between the carrier and your cocking lever support. Optimal should be your bolt gap plus 15, so you are at 16 for bolt gap so optimal would be 31.

If there is no cocking tube gap for it then your bolt gap may not be a real number.
    Last edited by gulfstategaurd; 09-23-2019 at 08:39 PM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You guys were right, absolutely.

I don't even know why I bother with contacting manufacturers. This isn't the first time they were a bit off on their information.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links