PTR 9KT roller bumps - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PTR 9KT roller bumps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I received my RCM and HK #28 80* locking pieces. Both had some surface pitting on them. I cleaned them up with a bit of oil and 4k wetsand paper. They were both very tight, and both fit. I have the #28 80* HK locking piece in now. I will give it a go with my 147's this week. I also put on the BnT shorty forgrip. All I am waiting for is the Safety Harbor Firearms KES stock to get back in stock so I can order it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DsGrouse View Post
    I received my RCM and HK #28 80* locking pieces. Both had some surface pitting on them. I cleaned them up with a bit of oil and 4k wetsand paper. They were both very tight, and both fit. I have the #28 80* HK locking piece in now. I will give it a go with my 147's this week. I also put on the BnT shorty forgrip. All I am waiting for is the Safety Harbor Firearms KES stock to get back in stock so I can order it.
    You're having better luck than I am. I just tried BOTH an RCM and HK locking piece and both are too "thick" to fit into the PTR bolt. Clearly the PTR bolt is what's out of spec. I'm starting to rethink whether I really ever want to run this thing suppressed again....

Wish I hadn't sold my GHM-9 now, I really like my 3-lugs.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

This is why checking bolt gap should be your first step.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oicani, good point I will double-check that before firing.

Bang Bang Duck, my serial is 800ish, It fit tightly. That being said, I did spend 20 min per bolt cleaning up the pitting with 4k. If you have the time, that maybe your solution.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Get an HK bolt and enjoy shooting it. Your other issues may disappear as well. PTR has a bit of a reputation when it comes to their bolts. A member of this board who likes the PTRs got into the habit of swapping out the bolts as soon as he bought a new one from them just to avoid these issues.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There are three types of roller dents. The rearward set from the carrier slamming into the buffer, usually from using the wrong LP is one. The second one is premature roller deployment as the carrier is returning forward and slowing rapidly as a cartridge is stripped from the mag, and the third type is from the bolt head catching on the rear of the trunnion when it's misaligned with the rails.

Edit: (sorry, didn't get to finish before my phone died. ) So if there is any doubt remove your BCG and lay it on the side of the receiver to determine where in the cycle the damage is occurring.
    Last edited by Holescreek; 09-25-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just FYI hk spec 80 degree locking pieces don’t fit their bolt heads. They make a 90 degree LP in house and it will fit and solve your problems. When my 9kt had bumps they RMA’d it and got them smoothed out. Couldn’t even tell they were ever there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links