Oversized rollers won't fit C93

Thread: Oversized rollers won't fit C93

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Oversized rollers won't fit C93

Hi guys,

I recently bought a C93 with a bolt gap of .006. i bought some +10 rollers from RTG to bring it up to 0.016. However, the new rollers do not fit into bolt body easily, in fact they won't recess without a light tap from a small rubber hammer. The bolt is marked 'BT'.

When I install the bolt with the rollers onto the carrier, it will not spring forward when rotated into place, the rollers will not retract.

Any ideas or suggestions?
    Last edited by DR.NUMBERS; 09-26-2019 at 03:08 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

+10 would only add .00788, or .008 rounded up. You'll end up with .014, not .016, and certainly not .160.
    To my knowledge HK never made +10 rollers and you've probably discovered one reason. First, they never designed the rifles to make use of them and second, the window in the bolt head is only so big. If your trunnion isn't cracked or excessively worn and your locking piece isn't excessively worn, I'd say your barrel needs removed and repressed. At this point about the best you can do is go for +8 and see if they will work. You'll have a gap of .012 but that's still in spec in the ideal range. IIRC, minimum is .004. Ideal range is .010-.018.
    If you do get rollers installed that work I advise to keep a close eye on the gap. If it continues to shrink stop shooting it and send it to someone for repair.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I did finally manage to get them to recess and pop the bolt forward. The 0.016 feeler gauge is now the largest that will fit in the gap. However, the rifle is difficult as hell to charge now and does not always go into battery so I guess they need to come out. Will try the +8s, unfortunately no one has genuine HK versions of those in stock either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

HK only went up to +2 and +4. The +6, +8, and +10 are aftermarket.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    HK only went up to +2 and +4. The +6, +8, and +10 are aftermarket.
    Ah, that's why. Good to know!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My C93s all came with an .008 gap. The one I kept, I installed +4 rollers and it has maintained .012 after 1k + rounds. With the largest size rollers, you may run the risk of excessive wear to the roller 'windows' on your bolt-head.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

+10 usually only fit bolt heads with very worn roller slots, +8 is your best bet...might still be tight but firing a few mags will break it in.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Sponsored Links