Supressing PTR 9ct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Supressing PTR 9ct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Supressing PTR 9ct

Hi,

I'm interested in the PTR 9ct (full size). I've seen a Youtube video of someone who had many problems with the gun, especially supressed. The rollers caused bulges in the metal and tore up the buffer. When he called PTR, he was told the gun needed a different locking piece to run suppressed.

Is this a known issue with the HK MP5 and its clones? If I purchased the pistol, I would probably run it suppressed 80% of the time. Is it difficult to change out the locking piece? Would the gun still cycle without a suppressor? Is this disscussed in the PTR user manuel?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new to roller locked guns.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do need to change the locking piece to run suppressed. It is very easy to do. I changed to a #17 for my HK-91 and it works great when suppressed. Do an internet search, there are lots of posts on this subject.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK91A2 View Post
    You do need to change the locking piece to run suppressed. It is very easy to do. I changed to a #17 for my HK-91 and it works great when suppressed. Do an internet search, there are lots of posts on this subject.
    the mp5 doesn't need a different locking piece to run suppressed, some do it if they only run with a can and heavy bullets. The K models does need the locking piece.
    Is this a known issue with the HK MP5 and its clones? If I purchased the pistol, I would probably run it suppressed 80% of the time. Is it difficult to change out the locking piece? Would the gun still cycle without a suppressor? Is this disscussed in the PTR user manuel?
    just the k models, btw a new locking piece may or may not fit the ptr bolt if you think you need it. PTR will replace it if you call them.

eta

check the bolt gap if you replace it, tolerances between ptr, rcm, hk do stack
    Last edited by TaylorWSO; 10-06-2019 at 07:43 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the PTR 9KT, Ie the pistol, smaller version of the CT. I put in a #28 80* locking piece. I did have to clean it up with 4k wet dry paper for it to work in the PTR bolt. It fits well, and functions flawlessly the last 600 rounds. This type of gun, really lends its self to spare parts. Not saying that it is crap, simply that more than most standard semi-auto guns I have found every PCC I own, BnT GHM45, FM9, PTR 9KT, MPX and Kriss Vector needs a parts kit. They simply are hard on actions, ejectors, springs, extractors, bolt faces, gas port rings, etc. For my PTR 9KT, I picked up recoil rod, springs, spring holders, locking piece, ejector, extractors, extractor springs. For my other guns, I try to have all that, and an extra bolt if i can.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have a 9CT that I run suppressed with 147 and 158gr loads. I stuck with the factory 100* LP.

I have run several hundred rounds through the gun with no issues whatsoever.
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Similar to @GTS197 , I have shot my 9CT without changing locking pieces.

Here's my terrible trigger discipline and also the rear pin working its way out:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=login_local;3592352]Similar to @GTS197 , I have shot my 9CT without changing locking pieces.

Here's my terrible trigger discipline and also the rear pin working its way out:

What can do ya have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jboyd919 View Post
    What can do ya have?
    SilencerCo Octane 9 HD (with the older 3 lug mount)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my 9ct has utilized the stock locking piece with my form 1 suppressor and hasn't had a single malfunction. Its hot or miss it seems if it'll need adjusting Im guessing.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Common wisdom is only the "K" guns need the 80* LP.

Full size run fine and will not damage gun with the standard (100*) LP.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links