Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rdts mp5f

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sr working on my Portugese G3. Really good people to deal with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just curious how long it took him to get your project completed? I have a sp5k he converted to an MP5 k that I bought second-hand and liked it so much that I sent him my sp5k to convert to mp5sd. That was just under 8 months ago. Before I sent it to him he told me 6 week turnaround time. I mean I get being busy but 8 months? Every time we talk he says it's almost finished, or it's on the bench. He sent my FFL the serial number for the suppressor he's making for it back in August and I just got my approval back yesterday. Never would have thought it would be approved before I got the weapon back.
    I've heard that he can be a little slow and I get it, quality takes time. But I had Michael's machines do a sp5 conversion to MP5N and he built me a MM23 (both are perfect) in the last 2 months. Don't get me wrong he's a super nice guy and I know he does great work I'm just not sure it's worth this kind of wait...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

8 months is a little long for something promised in 6 weeks, but most of the good smiths are busy, and as their reputation grows, so do the wait times.
    HK Urbach MP5K-N with SWR QD3K
    Fleming Registered Sear
    Dakota Tactical D54P pistol
    HK USP Tactical w/ Gemtech SOS 45 (ret), Silencerco Osprey 45
    Michael's Machines MM23E
    HK VP9
    Powershot P5 Pistol
    HK SP5K
    Black USC Carbine

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steppone View Post
    Just curious how long it took him to get your project completed? I have a sp5k he converted to an MP5 k that I bought second-hand and liked it so much that I sent him my sp5k to convert to mp5sd. That was just under 8 months ago. Before I sent it to him he told me 6 week turnaround time. I mean I get being busy but 8 months? Every time we talk he says it's almost finished, or it's on the bench. He sent my FFL the serial number for the suppressor he's making for it back in August and I just got my approval back yesterday. Never would have thought it would be approved before I got the weapon back.
    I've heard that he can be a little slow and I get it, quality takes time. But I had Michael's machines do a sp5 conversion to MP5N and he built me a MM23 (both are perfect) in the last 2 months. Don't get me wrong he's a super nice guy and I know he does great work I'm just not sure it's worth this kind of wait...
    I think it was around 10 months or so and he said it would be 2 months or less from the start. A few times he said it was done and then 6 weeks would go by but it was eventually finished and he did a great job! Hang in there, it shouldn't be much longer.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've always heard that Ralph's work is first class. Congrats!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

5 months for (2) 94 conversions from SR. His work is immaculate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I finally got mine back a couple weeks ago. I was getting pretty aggravated but now that I have it, I agree it was worth the wait! This thing is the $hit! And sure looks good with the other HKs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rdts mp5f-resized_20200401_093847_1588815095908.jpeg   Rdts mp5f-20200407_193250_1588815160130.jpg  
    Last edited by Steppone; 05-07-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steppone View Post
    I finally got mine back a couple weeks ago. I was getting pretty aggravated but now that I have it, I agree it was with the wait! This thing is the $hit! And sure looks good with the other HKs
    That is beautiful - a work of art. Probably couldn't bring myself to shoot it.

I love happy endings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What did RDTS charge for your MP5SD? I’ve been thinking of having him do one for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links