Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone

Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-cffd40ad-491f-43d2-b25b-093127b9da02.jpeg
    Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-c7fbdf33-c3fe-45fb-8fda-c6fefcaa2f94.jpeg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7FBDF33-C3FE-45FB-8FDA-C6FEFCAA2F94.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	243422

Took about 10 min to fit the grip with drummer tool. Took about 2 min to add rail. The grip is way better then the stock. Little thicker and finger groves.Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-ej90lz1ztnc3ook0fduvfq.jpg
    Last edited by chopperbobby; 10-12-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nicely done! I have it on my Z5RS as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just bought a PTR 9CT and am wanting to do the same thing. I've been looking around for some instructions because I didn't believe it would be difficult enough to warrant dropping a benjamin on a clipped and pinned housing.

Looks like you did exactly what I am wanting to do and it looks like you did a great job. Would you mind giving a quick run-down of what you did?

Thanks!

James

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got the clipped and pin from hk parts. Will get pictures of my grinding in a few days.
    Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-641ae52a-7d23-448e-9360-9e8e98db8a4c.jpeg

Not mine but I grinder the two nubs that are circled. To make it straight across. It is tight. No movement at all. Dremmal tool and grinding stone. Take time. Mine is variable speed used about med speed and took my time. I did grind too much off the ears (fake pin) but not noticeable unless you look hard

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Looks good--- nice work!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the grinding using a dremmel.
    Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-6170dfea-3837-4b3f-8ef2-4be9a2099a9b.jpeg
    Added a SEF trigger housing and a rail to my mp 5 clone-3b9e4bd3-191a-400a-8a94-6b6140b14b62.jpeg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks nice

i want to replace my pof and vector lowers eventually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got a 9CT myself last week and want to do the exact same thing (sans the extra rail on the foregrip). Doesn't seem too hard to do. I really like the look of the contoured grip and the 3 position safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question and please apologize for my ignorance as I am trying to figure this all out. It looks like you said you bought the clipped and pinned SEF trigger housing from HKParts. If it's already clipped and pinned why did you need to do additional grinding? I can't post links just yet, but would the item you got from HKparts be the one with part number: HKP-00165?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many have said ptr is a little out of speck. The two ears had little bump outs on the top. Where the pin is. Fake pen is. You just have to flatten out. I went a little too far. No biggie. You can see a little gap if you know where to look. Does not effect tightness. If you look at first pictures of the ptr and hk housing you see the clipped and pinned hk part has line for shelf but on each end is a little nub. I had to grind them flat to make it fit. It is tight and does not move at all. Really happy with the results. Much better then the original I like the finger groves very much. Well worth it to me

Sorry have not been on much lately

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links