Review of Tommy Built KSM9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bspring1

Thread: Review of Tommy Built KSM9

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Review of Tommy Built KSM9

Got a Tommy Built KSM/UMP 9mm delivered Friday, trigger is typical, but took care of that off the bat. Firing had several FTF, brass showed significant brass case shavings, figured it was a sharp edge of the feed ramp to the chamber. Fired IMI 124gr FMJ, HK magazine, AAC Evo 9 3 lug mount suppressor, it did group 1 MOA at 25 yards. Brought home, removed the barrel, there was a sharp edge. I then throated/polished the feed ramp, cleaned, re-installed barrel. I then gently manually cycled several rounds thru it slowly..worked great. Will test fire again this week. Before and After throat pics.

Bill
    triggerwork.net

Review of Tommy Built KSM9-img_2492.jpg
    Review of Tommy Built KSM9-img_2494.jpg
    UMP45 ENTRY and dushan like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking forward to hearing more of the review. The feedramp burr worries me though, it seems that Tommybuilts quality control has taken a hit since the introduction of the production T36's. I hope the QC teething issues get resolved as I would love to pick up a T36K.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I also have a Bostic T36, worked flawlessly out of the box. Installed a dual optic, IDZ buttstock. Tried running suppressed with an AAC SR5 .223 can, didn't work well because of to much back pressure, then utilized AAC Sdn-6 .30 cal can today and it worked well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Thanks for the review--- we will await the follow-up!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Range fire update, unit worked flawlessly. Being a double stack feed the the radius/throat job needs to be done 2/3-3/4 L and R up from the bottom of the breach face. Got the trigger pull down to 4.5-5lbs, T36/SL8 I can get about 3.75-4#. The KSM9 Vs a MP5SD is 5.5# dry vs 8.5# suppressor included. The KSM/UMP kick a little more due to the lighter weight and full blow back, MP5's are delayed blow back.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Review of Tommy Built KSM9-img_2500.jpg
    Review of Tommy Built KSM9-img_2501.jpg
    Review of Tommy Built KSM9-img_2499.jpg

Sponsored Links