Brownell's 416 (BRN-4) 417 (BRN-7) Builds - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 125
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Brownell's 416 (BRN-4) 417 (BRN-7) Builds

  1. #21
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,070
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    @IsaacL is right....I started this thread as a place for those who have built on the Brownells....as a point or source of reference if you will. Sure you can go the route you described and yeah I am sure there will be some satisfaction and that is good on ya if you do it that way. But if you want to tweak it such as reanodizing, remarking, cutting barrel, getting gas system worked on and tuned etc etc then you will find alot of info here on the site. This is aimed at the folks doing all of these things on the Brownells lowers and they are looking for answers, guidance, ideas etc. Just another place to talk shop. YMMV....Cheers!!
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 12-01-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

  2. #22
    HKPRO Professional

    Join Date : Dec 2019
    Posts : 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Just ordered my BRN-4 lower. Looking forward to using all of the knowledge contained in these forums to help me with the process!

    On a side note, I am attempting to clone out a "Gen 1" HK416, would the 6-position commercial spec tube (available from armsunlimited, sorry can't post link due to new account) be the appropriate buffer tube to use? I'm guessing they're priced so low because there are newer OTB version buffer tubes out there now, but this might be perfect for what I am going for.

  3. #23
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,070
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    The links below should be informative. An early variant clone would not have OTB. So yes you should be good (that said without seeing what your referencing I assume to be 416 or MR buffer tube)

    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk.../145622?page=1

    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk.../167716?page=1

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Very Senior Member
    IsaacL's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Posts : 328
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by operator13 View Post
    Just ordered my BRN-4 lower. Looking forward to using all of the knowledge contained in these forums to help me with the process!

    On a side note, I am attempting to clone out a "Gen 1" HK416, would the 6-position commercial spec tube (available from armsunlimited, sorry can't post link due to new account) be the appropriate buffer tube to use? I'm guessing they're priced so low because there are newer OTB version buffer tubes out there now, but this might be perfect for what I am going for.
    The part number for the early gen 416 buffer tubes is 233167 so yeah, you should be gtg with AU. Pretty cheap option at $20.

    ETA: Just be aware those early buffer tubes were commercial size, not mil-spec.

    Last edited by IsaacL; 12-02-2019 at 01:34 AM.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

  6. #25
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    fatmat27's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : Arizona
    Posts : 2,532
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Got this on their latest sale, only have a feeew more parts to gather:)


  7. #26
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,070
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    Got this on their latest sale, only have a feeew more parts to gather:)

    Saweet!! Look forward to seeing her grow. Please keep us posted!!

  8. #27
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    hkpsp's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : IL
    Posts : 1,023
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    Got this on their latest sale, only have a feeew more parts to gather:)

    Looks like you removed the color fill on the serial number. What did you use?

  9. #28
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    fatmat27's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : Arizona
    Posts : 2,532
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    Looks like you removed the color fill on the serial number. What did you use?
    Nail polish remov.....Acetone!

  10. #29
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    hkpsp's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : IL
    Posts : 1,023
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    I would like to anodize mine aka tanodize, but cannot find anyone to do it. Outlaw anodizing was recommended however I cannot get ahold of them. Definitely don't want to do business with a company that is hard to reach prior to starting your project.

    Cerakote is another option I'm considering. Ral8000 is too light and burnt bronze is a bit too dark so I'm at a loss.
    caf82313 and MSOGDAWG like this.

  11. #30
    Premium Professional
    MSOGDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : TEXAS BY GOD
    Posts : 1,070
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    I would like to anodize mine aka tanodize, but cannot find anyone to do it. Outlaw anodizing was recommended however I cannot get ahold of them. Definitely don't want to do business with a company that is hard to reach prior to starting your project.

    Cerakote is another option I'm considering. Ral8000 is too light and burnt bronze is a bit too dark so I'm at a loss.
    Take a look at Duracoat's line of metallic finishes. The receiver in my starting post for this thread, I did myself using their "sunrise bronze". I may have gone a little darker now that it has fully cured and lightened up a little, but I am not unhappy with it at all. There really is no "perfect" match as I have learned along the way that many manufacturers (HK, Geissele etc) have stated publicly that the tanodizing process is not specific and there are different shades with each batch run. I guess the "perfect" match is what is in your desire. Good luck and keep us posted.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •