PTR 9kt Quality? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PTR 9kt Quality?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got a PTR91 that I have no complaints about. Arrived with excellent build quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I contacted PTR, and they have sent me an RMA for ups next day air. I thought this was a little funny since the first time i sent the gun in they sent me a label for ups ground and the ups center would not accept the package since its technically a handgun. I ended up having a local gun shop send it out for me at my expense. The 9kt will be heading back to the manufacture tomorrow so i will update when i have more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got a zenith full size, I saw the PTR k models back in stock at a few places and kind of want one.... Are they getting better or still having a ton of issues?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfenkraft View Post
    I've got a zenith full size, I saw the PTR k models back in stock at a few places and kind of want one.... Are they getting better or still having a ton of issues?
    If you don't want to wait for a zenith/similar to come back in stock and don't mind the possibility of having to sent it into PTR- then I say go for it. But, if you want something that is hassle free, then PTR may not be the best choice. That being said, I recently bought PTR's k model (9KT) and I am happy with my choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my cousin owns a ptr 9c, and that thing came with a out of spec ejector, extractor spring that failed at 1k rounds. the thing jams every other mag. throws brass into the lower receiver.

Velocity84

I've been happy with my 9kt. I have been in contact with them about swapping the original proprietary bolt head for a hk pattern one. They've been responsive thus far for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry to hear this, was considering a 9kt as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XB101 View Post
    my cousin owns a ptr 9c, and that thing came with a out of spec ejector, extractor spring that failed at 1k rounds. the thing jams every other mag. throws brass into the lower receiver.
    Then I'm staying away. :(

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They could save the cost of the man hours on the bench if they would pay more attention to QA before it goes out the door. Do it now while it's cheap, or do it later when you're paying for return shipping and labor hours on the repair bench.

I don't know what goes through some of these corporate executive's minds when they are trying to produce a quality product.

I'm glad I've got a good PTR91 build. But that was two years ago. No telling what's going on over there now.
    BulkHead likes this.
    Born in the US of parts made in Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Devastation to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less...Minuteman III LGM30G.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
    They could save the cost of the man hours on the bench if they would pay more attention to QA before it goes out the door. Do it now while it's cheap, or do it later when you're paying for return shipping and labor hours on the repair bench.

I don't know what goes through some of these corporate executive's minds when they are trying to produce a quality product.

I'm glad I've got a good PTR91 build. But that was two years ago. No telling what's going on over there now.
    They got my KT last Thursday. I emailed them on Wednesday, and called today. No response as to if mine has been looked at, if they've found the issue, if I'm SOL, or what.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links