Comparisons between different brands for MP5s - Page 2

Poll: Which one should I get based on the post?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comparisons between different brands for MP5s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    Cool! Those Z5RS's are nice. I installed the POF A2 stock for the first time on my Z5RS last night. The A2 stock feels nicer to the cheek compared to the retractable A3 stock. But of course, the A3 retractable stock does have the cool looking factor.

Well I got it! They have two more for only $1649! I wish I could get another haha. I am leaning towards the A2 or B&T folding stock. What does your sight picture look like with red dot mounted like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kjeffjr View Post
    Well I got it! They have two more for only $1649! I wish I could get another haha. I am leaning towards the A2 or B&T folding stock. What does your sight picture look like with red dot mounted like that?
    I hope islandfocus2 doesn't mind me posting this, but I just felt like I'd answer your question since he just posted in my thread with his sight picture:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's awesome , congrats on the score

i've been looking for a z-5rs with no luck , does your local dealer have an online store ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    I hope islandfocus2 doesn't mind me posting this, but I just felt like I'd answer your question since he just posted in my thread with his sight picture:
    No worries, I don't mind :-)

OP, if you're wonder my set up in the photo above photo on my Z5RS, I'm using the "MFI Ultra Low Profile Mount" that I purchased from HKparts.net. Here's the link: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Ultr...s-91p17962.htm

As for the optic, I'm using the "Holosun HE503GU GR Elite" that I purchased at Amazon.com when it was on sale. LINK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078G6P1MX...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Congrats with your new Z5RS!! Now it's time to have fun with it!!

You mentioned the B&T folding stock? I also have that too! I actually like having different options when it comes to stocks. I like to change it up every once in awhile so I have 3 different set ups for my Z5RS.

A2 stock.

A3 stock.

B&T folding stock.
    Last edited by islandfocus2; 10-23-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like all of the stocks, but I am definitely a bigger fan of the B&T folder- I love it personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As someone who has a POF and an HK (and ive shot many Zenith guns) why do so many people prefer Zenith over POF? In my experience they are pretty much equal, with a nod going to Zenith but it still isnt worth the price increase IMO. Both of them perform just as good as my HK gun, with both of them coming out of the box much better equipped than a SP5k which I honestly just bought because it had HK stamped on the side of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by g3a3a1 View Post
    As someone who has a POF and an HK (and ive shot many Zenith guns) why do so many people prefer Zenith over POF? In my experience they are pretty much equal, with a nod going to Zenith but it still isnt worth the price increase IMO. Both of them perform just as good as my HK gun, with both of them coming out of the box much better equipped than a SP5k which I honestly just bought because it had HK stamped on the side of it.
    Well I think the finish on it is a big one. Plus it comes with 3 mags instead of 1 mag, and the MKE mags are more expensive afaik.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I wonder if there is a bunch of variation on fit/finish in the clone market?

I've seen and handled a few POF and Zeniths, found their F&F to be on the lower end, compared to an SP5k.
    The PTRs that I have seen, however, seem immaculate and on par (stories of functional issues aside, as seen here).

I dunno. I'm happy with my HK.
    Own: HK91, SR9, PSG1 clone, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kjeffjr View Post
    Well I think the finish on it is a big one. Plus it comes with 3 mags instead of 1 mag, and the MKE mags are more expensive afaik.

What do you mean? Zenith fit and finish isn't amazing or anything, it's about on par with POF in fact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anecdotally, Ive heard Zeniths to be superior to POFs as well in terms of fit and finish. This perception seems to be formed by several gun talk forums; when folks chime in on MP5 clones it seems to form a consensus that Zenith have better fit and finish than POFs. One can argue this as pure conjecture, but regardless it does seem to form an opinion that drives the broader market towards Zeniths over POFs.
    Last edited by gomeybear; 10-25-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links