Comparisons between different brands for MP5s

Poll: Which one should I get based on the post?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comparisons between different brands for MP5s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Comparisons between different brands for MP5s

About 2 years ago I was going to purchase a MP5 but car issues prevented that. Now I'm back in the market and curious about some different models. I posted on Reddit, but thought I'd ask here as well. I will be running it suppressed, so I'm not sure if any run better suppressed than others.

Option 1:

POF 5P (no brace) from Atlantic Firearms for $1350+shipping+$40 transfer fee. Any mags they send here will be pinned to 10 rounds, I might be able to remove the pins. This would leave a budget for the SBR, stock and an optic if I want one or a Form 1 suppressor (tax and supplies) and other accessories.

Option 2:

Zenith RS (no brace) new from a local store for $1649 (tax brings it to $1784), but I can't take possession of the mags. They will send them to a friend out of state, and who know what'll happen then. This eats up most of the budget. I'll be able to submit the Form 1 (hopefully) to get that rolling, but that's it.

Option 3:

PTR CT or KT from Atlantic Firearms for $1670+shipping+$40 transfer fee. Again, all mags will be pinned to 10 rounds. I like the limited lifetime warranty, where Zenith is 5 years and POF is 1 year. I have heard something needs to be replaced in the PTR to run suppressed reliably. Also, is the difference between the CT and KT just barrel length?

I'm not sure if either come with a rail, but it'd be nice if they did. If the clamp on rails are bad, let me know! I'm kinda new to the MP5 world, but know a few things here and there. I know the finish is "meh" on the POF, but that's not a huge issue for me. I've heard the fitting isn't great either, but not entirely sure what that entails. I've seen people have issues fitting braces on the POF (basically super tight) but I've seen that on all manufacturers. Is there something else that isn't great for fitment on the POFs? Anything else that I should know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a nos POF mp5k with a SB brace a few months ago on Gunbroker for $1300. I have put about 500 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly. I am considering buying a POF 5 from Atlantic. The POF guns are made on HK tooling under license from HK.
    Comparisons between different brands for MP5s-mp5k_left.jpgComparisons between different brands for MP5s-mp5k_right.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just picked up a Zenith Z5RS used, very impressed with the fit and finish. I've heard of issues with the PTR's QC and personally I hate the way the welded rail looks and the POF's I've handled tend to have crude or slightly worn finishes from the factory. Some amount of fullsize POF's were also reported to canted towers, not sure how many or how severe but keep that in mind. Zenith also has some bang up costumer service.
    Last edited by Pockets907; 10-22-2019 at 01:40 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ptr 9ct here did send back in for fte after 600 rounds. Very easy process took less than two weeks. Has run flawlessly since about 1500 rounds. I personally love the welded rail. With nothing on it is out of the way. Won’t come loose. But to each there own with that. I like the lifetime warranty.

Great customer service. I did buy a wide hand guard just because I like the look. The handguard that comes with it is good and functional. I also wanted to be john McClane.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

For that price grab Option 2 and a Retracting Tail Hook brace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get both option 1 and 2. With the current situation with Turkey, it’s only going get harder to import MKE’s to the U.S. Same for POF’s. I didn’t hesitate on getting the POF SMGPK in July. I’m so glad I did!

My SBR’d Zenith Z5RS & Z5P together with my POF SMGPK also SBR’d. That POF SMGPK reverse stretch seems to be my favorite range gun compared to my Zeniths. But ALL three run flawlessly! :-)
    Last edited by islandfocus2; 10-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies! Gonna "be sick" for a bit at work today and go pick up the Zenith! I really appreciate the input you guys provided.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kjeffjr View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for the replies! Gonna "be sick" for a bit at work today and go pick up the Zenith! I really appreciate the input you guys provided.
    Good choice securing the Zenith!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    Good choice securing the Zenith!
    Well it's not secured yet, but hopefully soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kjeffjr View Post
    Well it's not secured yet, but hopefully soon!
    Cool! Those Z5RS's are nice. I installed the POF A2 stock for the first time on my Z5RS last night. The A2 stock feels nicer to the cheek compared to the retractable A3 stock. But of course, the A3 retractable stock does have the cool looking factor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links