MP5 with wood furniture question. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MP5 with wood furniture question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ackspac View Post
    I bought the Cetme kit from Centerfire this week (https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...eid=aefc5b7e79) because I thought for $20, why not? The wood is in fantastic shape and very dark so I decided to do some cutting on the handguard and get it to fit sometime this week. My question is, I can't seem to find the HK91 end cap that goes on the handguard. The Cetme cap is okay, but I would really like the HK version on here much better (No drilling the screw hole). I searched everywhere I could think of online but no luck. I'm hoping maybe a member on here may have one they can part with or point me in the right direction.
    You can do a handguard without the end cap. The plastic (actually fibreglass) slim G3 handguards have a metal piece in the front that can be cut out with a dremmel. Those are available for about $8. Then you can epoxy that piece into the front of the wood. Different look, but it does work.

MP5 with wood furniture question.-cmp5wood-2-.jpgMP5 with wood furniture question.-cmp5wood-3-.jpgMP5 with wood furniture question.-cmp5wood-4-.jpg
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarden View Post
    You can do a handguard without the end cap. The plastic (actually fibreglass) slim G3 handguards have a metal piece in the front that can be cut out with a dremmel. Those are available for about $8. Then you can epoxy that piece into the front of the wood. Different look, but it does work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (2).JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	816.8 KB 
ID:	245630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (3).JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	652.9 KB 
ID:	245632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (4).JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	245634
    You sir are a genius!!!
    I wish I'd of thought of that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried doing the handguard for my C93P and totally boinked it, hate working with wood.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dafoeman View Post
    Hey Green57, I was reading another forum and I seen that you helped a guy find parts for a HK hunting rifle. I have a HK 940 and am missing the cocking lever and cocking slide. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me out with it, I would really appreciate it. Sorry to comment on an unrelated forum, not sure how to message directly.
    I would be glad to help; however, it will be a while as I am back on active duty and in processing my new unit. Post a few more times to get your post count up, then send me a PM and we can work from there.

G57

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarden View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (2).JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	816.8 KB 
ID:	245630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (3).JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	652.9 KB 
ID:	245632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cmp5wood (4).JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	245634
    That is an excellent idea and looks great too!
    I finished up fitting the butt stock last week but now it is deer season and all projects are on hold until my freezer is full.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool thank you very much! No problem I'm not in too much of a hurry I've been looking for a while now lol. Would you want my email or would you rather communicate on the forum, not sure how to direct message on this platform.

Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've done a couple without the factory cap too:

MP5 with wood furniture question.-imgp7445.jpg

That is just a piece of 1" hot roll flat, made a bending form to press it out pretty nice. At the time, factory wood was still available at a reasonable price (not $20 per set, but still reasonable) so these never really went anywhere. One day I may revive the project though.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Almost finished. I just used an end mill on the CETME handguard end. Just need to stain the handguard (Recommendations on stain?) and put some rivets in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MP5 with wood furniture question.-20191123_193031_1574559357475.jpg   MP5 with wood furniture question.-20191123_192851_1574559367723.jpg  
    GuntherRommel and mattnh like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ackspac View Post
    Almost finished. I just used an end mill on the CETME handguard end. Just need to stain the handguard (Recommendations on stain?) and put some rivets in.
    I used many coats of Tung oil on the sets that I did...
    Let it dry well polish with steel wool and apply more...
    Really brings the highlights of the wood grain out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do have to say, I like what everyone did in this thread. Looks awesome.

When I finally get around to picking up a PTR 9CT... I might have to try this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links