Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By islandfocus2
  • 1 Post By nimslow
  • 1 Post By HkCHUCK

Thread: POF MP5 Optics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default POF MP5 Optics

I have wanted an MP5 clone for a long time. I don’t know a great deal about them, however, for me, the Z5p seems to fit the bill quite nicely. A problem is they are no where to be found. The POF k seems to be a great secondary option. The one thing lacking appears to be a rail since I am looking to add an optic down the road. What are my options less having to weld one on it and deal with partial refinishing? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What are you looking for? Do you want direct cowitness (meaning seeing the red/green dot through the rear sight inline with the front sight). Or having the red/green dot over the top of both rear and front sight?

I have a direct cowitness set up on my Z5RS using the “ MFI Ultra Low Profile Mount” from Hkparts.net. LINK: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Ultr...s-91p17962.htm

For the optic, I’m using the “ Holosun HE503GU GR Elite” that I purchased from amazon.com when it was on sale. I plan to get another once it becomes on sale again. LINK: https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-SG_B0...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Here’s my optic set up on Z5RS. I plan to do the same on my POF SMGPK SBR.

Stoner63 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Given the rear sight picture, I am not looking for direct co witness. I’d like to look over the sights slightly but not too much based on lack comb height.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjv140 View Post
    Thanks. Given the rear sight picture, I am not looking for direct co witness. I’d like to look over the sights slightly but not too much based on lack comb height.
    That was what I was wanting to do also. So far the best (and it's not perfect) setup I could come up with was this. Scalarworks absolute cowitness mount on the KAC rail. It should also work with any medium height rail mount. The mount is see through, so you can use the irons through the mount. A higher mount with a low rail would probably work as well.

Stoner63 likes this.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tested the holosun 510c and the trijicon MRO on my mp5k, although mine was a PTR so it already had a rail. I ended up going with the 510c but the MRO was fantastic as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    What are you looking for? Do you want direct cowitness (meaning seeing the red/green dot through the rear sight inline with the front sight). Or having the red/green dot over the top of both rear and front sight?

I have a direct cowitness set up on my Z5RS using the “ MFI Ultra Low Profile Mount” from Hkparts.net. LINK: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Ultr...s-91p17962.htm

For the optic, I’m using the “ Holosun HE503GU GR Elite” that I purchased from amazon.com when it was on sale. I plan to get another once it becomes on sale again. LINK: https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-SG_B0...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Here’s my optic set up on Z5RS. I plan to do the same on my POF SMGPK SBR.

i like this setup

i think i'll be going this route if i put an optic on my pof-5

or maybe a shield red dot to cowitness with the irons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_assman View Post
    i like this setup

i think i'll be going this route if i put an optic on my pof-5

or maybe a shield red dot to cowitness with the irons
    I too, like this set up. I like to have my cheek to rest comfortably on the stock with a true co-witness. It’s more efficient (IMO) in close quarters combat senerios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    I too, like this set up. I like to have my cheek to rest comfortably on the stock with a true co-witness. It’s more efficient (IMO) in close quarters combat senerios.
    How are you liking the circle dot reticle with this cowitness? It almost seems like it may be too cluttered, or it may be really nice. Do you get the benefits of picking up the dot faster even with the cowitness?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow850 View Post
    How are you liking the circle dot reticle with this cowitness? It almost seems like it may be too cluttered, or it may be really nice. Do you get the benefits of picking up the dot faster even with the cowitness?
    I do like the circle dot reticle on a lot. It's just the camera angle that makes it look cluttered in the photo. ALSO, you have the option to remove the circle reticle just by holding down one of the buttons so that you'll only have the green dot. And yes, I do pick up the dot faster with the true co-witness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

rjv140

Whatever sight and mount you settle on, keep in mind that there is not a whole lot of real estate on the top of an "k"
    and when you rack the charging handle back your hand might get in the way of your mount. I have a Holosun 510C
    and its pretty wide and long as sights go. On an MP5 there is a longer area to accommodate the 510C.

I have thought about the rail fitting that replaces the rear sight but decided to go with the small red dot/circle dot of
    the Shield Sight and mount.

In the belief that a couple of pics are better than a whole lot of words here are couple to show what I mean.

Chuck
    Stoner63 likes this.

Sponsored Links