Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 10mm mp5k or ump whats preferred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-yng8zJ1o80
    Check video at 13:27
    Good stuff,go with rollerlocks ..
    Last edited by crimedogs; 11-07-2019 at 04:25 AM.
    FergusandCo likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well with the over whelming push towards an mp5 it looks like ill go that route. Ill talk with the needed people.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Can't speak to the ump in 10mm. I do have a kriss vector 10mm sbr and a dt 10mm mp5 clone. I will say the high bore axis of the vector actually has caused an issue with zero'ing the gun if you switch between hot ammo and well crap that the mp5 doesn't have. The lack of extended mags was an issue although kriss released extensions and someone now makes a like 30 round stock mag. The extensions haven't been 100% for me(I have the 10mm ones on factory glock mags).

I will say honestly I'm not impressed with the DT gun either and wouldn't recommend one, at least not his 10mm ones. I bought it after Joe told me capital armory was getting some in from him and they listed it as a parts kit gun. The gun came with a us trunion and an out of spec us made barrel. The threads on the barrel are loose, not the same as the german threading, and the thread protector was way out of spec(had to get one made to run my raptor 40). You can see where they heated up the receiver in the back where its welded together and while it doesn't effect the function of the gun its not what I'd expect on a gun that was really expensive for a clone. Now to DT's credit so far the gun has been reliable and its accurate enough(haven't benched it to really check for accuracy but it seems fine from the shoulder and in f/a). If I did it again I have a feeling PCS would have been cheaper and while one of the Ralph's might not have been, it would have been a better product.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

There are better 10mm's out there if you look.
    MM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Can't speak to the ump in 10mm. I do have a kriss vector 10mm sbr and a dt 10mm mp5 clone. I will say the high bore axis of the vector actually has caused an issue with zero'ing the gun if you switch between hot ammo and well crap that the mp5 doesn't have. The lack of extended mags was an issue although kriss released extensions and someone now makes a like 30 round stock mag. The extensions haven't been 100% for me(I have the 10mm ones on factory glock mags).

I will say honestly I'm not impressed with the DT gun either and wouldn't recommend one, at least not his 10mm ones. I bought it after Joe told me capital armory was getting some in from him and they listed it as a parts kit gun. The gun came with a us trunion and an out of spec us made barrel. The threads on the barrel are loose, not the same as the german threading, and the thread protector was way out of spec(had to get one made to run my raptor 40). You can see where they heated up the receiver in the back where its welded together and while it doesn't effect the function of the gun its not what I'd expect on a gun that was really expensive for a clone. Now to DT's credit so far the gun has been reliable and its accurate enough(haven't benched it to really check for accuracy but it seems fine from the shoulder and in f/a). If I did it again I have a feeling PCS would have been cheaper and while one of the Ralph's might not have been, it would have been a better product.
    How does recoil feel between the 2 in semi, how do the grip angles differ. From a cost perspective the 10mm kriss is very tempting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gumby510 View Post
    How does recoil feel between the 2 in semi, how do the grip angles differ. From a cost perspective the 10mm kriss is very tempting.
    Its been a while since I've shot them side by side but I prefer the mp5s recoil. The super v or whatever its called is interesting but I feel it would be far better suited in full auto. The vectors are interesting though, I'll give them that. I don't like the safety on the vector although the mp5 one leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any other suggestions on upper builders? RDTS only does complete builds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Dakota Tactical experience differs from that of ccosby, probably because it was more of a custom build as I supplied a German .40 cal parts kit and a 10mm barrel from Michael's Machines.

The gun is beautiful, furniture fits nicely and runs great in semi & full auto. The receiver & barrel are American made but most everything else is German. The knurled TP's on .40 cal guns have to be smoothed before a 3 lug can will mount which is normal - I took care of that myself at the lathe. The MM barrel has the correct HK thread pitch but I don't use a direct thread can. My Raptor can locks up properly and the barrel delivers good accuracy. I'm not a fan of the welded rail but there is nothing anyone can do about that.

IIRC talking with Joe my guns "build sheet" is pretty much identical to his own 10mm shop gun which has been beat on by himself and many others. Earlier this year Joe posted about smithing on MP5's and even doing builds with customer supplied kits again so perhaps that is worth consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links