UMP Clone Function Issues
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UMP Clone Function Issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default UMP Clone Function Issues

Gun in question is an Omega Gideon Shadow 45.

I posted a range report but now think I should post here instead. Mods feel free to delete that post if you wish...

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-re...adow-45-a.html

Anyway, I was puttering around with the gun last night and noticed something. I have a question for other UMP clone owners. Does your bolt carrier "drag" in the receiver/upper/whatever you call it? You know how you can install a bolt carrier in any metal weapon and it will easily slide into place? The BC in mine drags along it's entire length of travel. It will remain stationary with the gun well over a 45° angle. This is, of course, without the recoil spring in place.

Does anyone know the blueprint width dimension of a UMP bolt carrier? Mine measures about 1.331 inch or 33.80mm.

Thanks in advance.
    Mrs. Peel, we're needed.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Whats the height of your bolt carrier? Yours might be a modified full auto carrier, might ba a little taller than a semi version, meaning the bottom carrier sticks down a little further than the semi version. A G36 vs SL8 is like this if I remember right.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Just happen to have my HK USC bolt sitting on my workbench. Width is 1.3330-inch / 33.86mm measured with a Mitutoyo digital caliper. This dimension checks out the entire length of the bolt.

It seems like your bolt is actually a hair narrower than mine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

@Dinsdale Piranha
    There were reports of the receiver 'pinching' the bolt. To my knowledge, Omega changed the mold for later runs, but was fixing the early receivers that had the problem.

For that matter, there was also a thread back in march where the gsg9 bolt was indeed out of spec and causing feed issues.

I would let Atlantic orchestrate the repair.
    Last edited by kbinmt; 11-16-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine hangs up towards the middle of it with my factory bolt but doesn’t with the hkparts 9mm kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No drag whatsoever in my USC converted to UMP receiver, slides freely and smoothly. Something is amiss in your receiver or bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinsdale Piranha View Post
    Gun in question is an Omega Gideon Shadow 45.

I posted a range report but now think I should post here instead. Mods feel free to delete that post if you wish...

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-re...adow-45-a.html

Anyway, I was puttering around with the gun last night and noticed something. I have a question for other UMP clone owners. Does your bolt carrier "drag" in the receiver/upper/whatever you call it? You know how you can install a bolt carrier in any metal weapon and it will easily slide into place? The BC in mine drags along it's entire length of travel. It will remain stationary with the gun well over a 45° angle. This is, of course, without the recoil spring in place.

Does anyone know the blueprint width dimension of a UMP bolt carrier? Mine measures about 1.331 inch or 33.80mm.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dont walk but, run the Omega is terrible. I had a few receivers issues after issues. For the record I was running in 9mm. That Omega stated after I spent $400 for the new barrel they had one of my receivers in their possession. “It would run like a sowing machine” definitely not the case. Lies from Omega. It double fed failures and plain out not reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies, I've been on vacation.

I'm going to make contact with Atlantic when I get unpacked and get caught up on sleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So check this out. You're probably familiar with what the UMP bolt looks like. Here's a linky with some pictures...

https://beta.hkparts.net/product/ger...sed-p1231.htm/

This is a picture looking up the back side of my receiver with the bolt in place.

UMP Clone Function Issues-pinch.jpg

Note how it appears that the upper portion of the receiver narrows as it nears the fatter base of the bolt? I think that would explain the function problems.

Whaddya think?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a receiver this past year because I had a complete lower, and all the rest of the parts, all HK from a USC conversion. It’s an SBR in .45 and it’s been fine. Absolutely no issues and runs as well as the other two HKs I have that are .45 and 9mm. Bolt slides with ease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links