Need advice on MP5K Clone - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Need advice on MP5K Clone

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Back in the summer we had a good opportunity and was able to Build them for an awesome price .we hope we can do it again soon. Appreciate you guys mentioning us wish we could do it for that price Now. We are always trying to work on the best deal we can give right now parts availabilities is a little short and pricing.
    JRK1990, oberlin1 and BulkHead like this.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@ Tony:

https://youtu.be/J34UzHo4G5w

The KT is fine, buy with confidence.
    Last edited by Lumbergh; 11-19-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    Tigmonster likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I talked to Ghillie and he quoted me $2750. More then what my budget was but I might still do it just because from everything I have read on here the dude just flat out builds amazing clones and with talking with him he seems like a super nice guy and very approachable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also I talked to Thor Defense and here is what they told me. We do work with Wade on multiple projects, and these are manufactured using original HK parts. Lead times vary depending on number of orders, as well as military contracts ect. At $1650 using real HK parts I feel like that's a steal if that is the case. Not calling them a liar or anything they just seems really really cheap but I am also still ignorant to the parts cost and etc in the MP5 world so could totally be wrong.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

^ Im sure they do use some hk parts. some.
    For quick ref. just go search the price of an old PD dept. demill'd MP5 parts kit. Then add the flast, weldments...that would then be your base price. Then add the build labor and misc.

I'm guessing that a hk mp5 demil parts kit runs $1,400 but I havent checked lately.
    ghilliebear2000 and gt40doc like this.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I agree normally a HKMP5 K kit By itself normally goes for more than what they're asking for their complete gun. K guns that have been Demilled Are very rare to see but when they do pop up there a lot of money. My biggest advice to anyone is make sure you know where the product is coming from and what is going in to the product and how their customers Reviews have been.

I wish we had The supply of parts we had this summer I could definitely run another group buy. Problem is a lot of parts are not coming from overseas right now so a lot of these people are selling US made parts the only US made parts I would recommend for use are LSc flat RCM barrels bolts Carrier assembly and trunnions anything else will be junk. Guys This is just my opinion and what I have seen over 12 years of doing this business.

Also so we can find good parts and deals on RTGPARTS
    Last edited by ghilliebear2000; 11-20-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    freeride1, JRK1990 and gt40doc like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
    Get the PTR 9K, it is American made and PTR will stand behind their products.
    My PTR 91 clone I have no complaints about.
    Now, totally different story with my KT.
    -I bought it on a Saturday, intending to SBR and run a can on it, this was mid October. RCM 80* lock piece wouldn't fit in the bolt. Emailed them, and Monday had an RMA printed out. Shipped it out to them on Tuesday, they got it Thursday.
    -Repeatedly called and emailed, got zero information back for about two weeks.
    -Finally got a replay saying the gunsmith had it and would check it out, expected to have problem resolved that week.
    -Two weeks later again after multiple emails I am informed that the problem was "resolved" and that the RCM piece is out of spec and now fits, but this comes with a gap that is now .035 which is way out of spec. They suggest trying an HK piece or finding another locking piece that is in spec. In addition, they found a "problem" with the trunion but don't go into any additional detail and say the smith is recommending that they ship me a replacement. That was a week ago.
    -After more emails today I am told that they are waiting for the barrels to get back from nitriding and that then they will be able to send me a replacement. So I'm still going to likely have at least two more weeks to wait.
    -So if by "stand behind their products" you mean that you are going to have to hound them for incomplete answers and wait six to eight weeks to have a $1700 NIB firearm to be resolved (hopefully) then yes I guess they do.
    Last edited by BulkHead; 11-21-2019 at 01:59 AM.
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wait a few weeks and buy the real deal.
    Stoner63, JRK1990 and sickness like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghilliebear2000 View Post
    I agree normally a HKMP5 K kit By itself normally goes for more than what they're asking for their complete gun. K guns that have been Demilled Are very rare to see but when they do pop up there a lot of money. My biggest advice to anyone is make sure you know where the product is coming from and what is going in to the product and how their customers Reviews have been.

I wish we had The supply of parts we had this summer I could definitely run another group buy. Problem is a lot of parts are not coming from overseas right now so a lot of these people are selling US made parts the only US made parts I would recommend for use are LSc flat RCM barrels bolts Carrier assembly and trunnions anything else will be junk. Guys This is just my opinion and what I have seen over 12 years of doing this business.

Also so we can find good parts and deals on RTGPARTS
    This makes me sad.
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pro...ntic-exclusive

Both of my Omega MP5's have been excellent.
    Glockdude1.......................

If war is HELL, Take a better pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links