Need advice on MP5K Clone
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Need advice on MP5K Clone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Need advice on MP5K Clone

Hello,

I am new to the forum. Nice to meet everyone! I have been a pretty avid reader of it. I'm looking at buying a MK5K style gun but right now I'm stuck in no mans land on which I should get so I'm hoping you guys can fill me in on some stuff to help me as I am really new to the ends and outs of the MP5 style platform. Its a gun I always wanted but not one I had research a lot truthfully. I am stuck on if I should get the Clone in the PTR 9KT or a POF 9PK. I read that many say the POF is a real MP5 gun since POF has the TDP and License to make them and that the PTR is a Clone. Issue I am running into is 9KT while being easier to SBR due to being 922R compliant it has that dang rail on top and I have no plans on running a optic. POF issue is its reverse stretch and Id have to make it 922r compliant. I know id love to get my hands on a Zenith but right now that seems like a very very long wait. What would you guys suggest? is there a better option out there under $2200 that I am missing? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Parabellum Combat Systems/forum member ghilliebear. I think about $1800 for a K build. That's where I'm going when I'm ready in a couple months. Like you, I have no interest in a reverse stretch model and it might be quite some time until we see more Zenith/MKE imports.
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestion I will reach out to him! Also Mods can you delete this thread? I got a double thread going on accident as there was a long delay in this one posting. I apologize for the inconvenience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRK1990 View Post
    Hello,

I am new to the forum. Nice to meet everyone! I have been a pretty avid reader of it. I'm looking at buying a MK5K style gun but right now I'm stuck in no mans land on which I should get so I'm hoping you guys can fill me in on some stuff to help me as I am really new to the ends and outs of the MP5 style platform. Its a gun I always wanted but not one I had research a lot truthfully. I am stuck on if I should get the Clone in the PTR 9KT or a POF 9PK. I read that many say the POF is a real MP5 gun since POF has the TDP and License to make them and that the PTR is a Clone. Issue I am running into is 9KT while being easier to SBR due to being 922R compliant it has that dang rail on top and I have no plans on running a optic. POF issue is its reverse stretch and Id have to make it 922r compliant. I know id love to get my hands on a Zenith but right now that seems like a very very long wait. What would you guys suggest? is there a better option out there under $2200 that I am missing? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
    Get the PTR 9K, it is American made and PTR will stand behind their products.
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zenith did mention mid to late Fall for Z5P’s and Z5RS to come in. If you have the patience, just wait. I have both that I purchased earlier this year. Been enjoying taking them both including my POF “SMGPK” reverse stretch.

JRK1990, Z06 and AMill08 like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

OP POF doesn't sell a K gun, they sell a reverse stretch(full sized receiver and stock with a K front end).

For a K gun I'd go sp5k and have a b&t barrel installed and a paddle mag release personally. Past that PCS, Dakota tactical, Zenith if you could find one would be options.

Quote Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
    Get the PTR 9K, it is American made and PTR will stand behind their products.
    There have been a lot of complaints on here, other sites, and facebook of PTR doing the exact opposite. I've seen complaints where they consider something in spec if it fits their shitty parts and not real HK ones(K gun and a hk front grip), complaints of refusal to warranty guns that have been run with cans despite having 2 mounting options and refusal to work on guns being used as sear hosts despite them being host ready. And for the last one these are MP5 clones we are talking about. A proper one will run a very long time as a sear host.
    JRK1990 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- PTR has had quality issues recently--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
    Zenith did mention mid to late Fall for Z5P’s and Z5RS to come in. If you have the patience, just wait. I have both that I purchased earlier this year. Been enjoying taking them both including my POF “SMGPK” reverse stretch.

OP - I've been running full size MP5 and MP5k clones for around 8 years now as sear hosts. I shoot the K gun a bit more than the full size and for a while now have thought I should have purchased the reverse stretch (bottom left above) because it offers the front grip and the collapsing stock, rather than the folding stock found on regular K guns. It's the best of both worlds IMO and the way I think I should have gone...and may still go. It's a very nice looking gun.

Other builders include Mike Otte (Michael's Machines Michael's Machines) and Joe from Dakota Tactical (http://www.dakotatactical.com). I don't have Joe's gear, but it looks great. I own a 23e from Mike and it's a work of art. Both can build you anything you want.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Parabellum Combat Systems/forum member ghilliebear. I think about $1800 for a K build. That's where I'm going when I'm ready in a couple months. Like you, I have no interest in a reverse stretch model and it might be quite some time until we see more Zenith/MKE imports.
    Wow! Ghillie's builds are $1800? That's a steal in my book.

How are you clone guys not swamping that dude with orders? I'd rather have a build from him than a 2nd/3rd world import. Jeezebus.
    Own: HK91, SR9, PSG1 clone, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    ...For a K gun I'd go sp5k and have a b&t barrel installed and a paddle mag release personally. Past that PCS, Dakota tactical, Zenith if you could find one would be options...
    An SP5K with the upgrades you suggest or Dakota Tactical might be a little over the OP's $2200 target price.

I found PCS's price was actually $1950 for a K gun in the summer.
    Last edited by esh21167; 11-18-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links