• 1 Post By bspring1
  • 1 Post By MichaelE

Thread: PTR K3P questions

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default PTR K3P questions

Hey all,

I'm considering a K3P, and was hoping someone with experience with the K3P or, G3K platform, might be able to answer some questions for me.

-How does it run with a suppressor? Will I need to change parts to run it suppressed, optimally? Will it transition from suppressed/unsuppressed easily?

-Does the K3P run well with a registered sear pack? I hope to own one some day, and would like my hosts to be sear ready if I'm spending this kind of money once; as opposed to having to build or buy another firearm if and when I get a registered FA pack. I feel like 308 out of a 12.5" in FA would be fairly ridiculous--but still...

Thanks in advance. There is much helpful information on HKp already that addresses very similar questions to mine, but I am hopeful that someone cares to share info specific to the K3P.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

In a K style platform, you will probably need to change the locking piece to a 36 or 40 degree version. Adding a can to a .308 HK platform really changes the bolt release timing, really increases the recoil with the stock LP.
    Bill
    Disregarded9-side likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will this K3P rifle accept a standard size retractable stock?
    Born in the US of parts made in Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Devastation to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less...Minuteman III LGM30G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. The K3P accepts the normal G3 retractable stock. I think the K3P is the coolest 308 that PTR has to offer.

It isn’t that short, when you do a normal size PTR comparison. There are guys that use the SCAR H CQB in Afghanistan, which has about the same length of barrel. The normal barrel length for 308’s now is 16 inches

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I plan on doing a G3K clone using an A4 stock that I had @bspring1 add a heavy recoil buffer to. I will probably put a SiCo ASR brake on it, but I don't know that I plan on shooting it suppressed since the minimum length for my can is 16" on a .308. I may put the 40* LP in just to help with some of the recoil even if I don't run a can.
    If you want a true G3K clone, the grenade launcher ring would need to be added too. Not sure if the PTR model comes with the correct K rear sight drum. Collapsed down, a G3KA4 has an OAL that fits between the small of the stock and the front sight tree on a full sized G3.
    Last edited by BulkHead; 11-28-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I put the grenade launcher ring on my full size PTR. ARS fixed me up with one I purchased from RTG. It had to be drilled out on the inside diameter to fit on the barrel, but it's a good fit and you have to be within inches to tell it wasn't originally part of the sight tree.
    BulkHead likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
    I put the grenade launcher ring on my full size PTR. ARS fixed me up with one I purchased from RTG. It had to be drilled out on the inside diameter to fit on the barrel, but it's a good fit and you have to be within inches to tell it wasn't originally part of the sight tree.
    How does it attach to the barrel?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    How does it attach to the barrel?
    Nevermind, found it

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...ml#post2902425

Sponsored Links