MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'd like to add a short addendum to this. While researching the 5.56 CETME, I often come across information about the original magazines for these rifles referring to them as being designed by the Spanish specifically for the CETME but that's not correct. What they actually are is a carbon copy of an early design FNC magazine. Let me illustrate. NOTE....If you're bored easily or really don't care about magazine minutia, now might be a good time to make your escape. You have been warned.

In the pictures that follow, a CETME Magazine is in the middle, an early FNC is on the right and a later FNC/STANAG 5.56 magazine is on the left. For identification purposes, I've marked the later one with a "-" using a white china marker.

Right side:

The feed lip contour is a little different on the later FN. We'll get to that in a bit. All are steel.

Front:

That's not an illusion you're seeing. The later one is taller and is the exact same height as a standard STANAG magazine.

Left side:

Rear:

Top:

Notice that the newer magazine has a plastic follower designed to actuate the bolt holt open on a SCAR 16. Whether this magazine is an FNC that was upgraded or it was for a SCAR from the outset, I cannot say. What I can say is that both FN's are exactly as they were when they left Belgian service.

Bottom:

Closeup of the top rear:

Notice that the newer follower is designed to actuate the bolt stop on a SCAR 16. It will also work just fine in an M16/M4/AR-15 . The CETME and early FNC will work in those rifles as well but your bolt won't lock back automatically. The FNC never had a bolt hold open feature.
    Also of note is that the bolt carrier clearance notch is the exact same width on all three magazines. A STANAG magazine has a more narrow notch. For that reason alone, I suspect that the magazine on the left is an FNC that was updated for use in a SCAR 16.

In this picture, I have added a Colt STANAG magazine on the extreme left for comparison:

Here's a detail shot of the top of the earlier FNC magazine:

The CETME is identical.

And here is the same area on the newer design:

The distance between the feed lips is the same on both magazines but the overall shape and geometry is different. I assume this schtuff was changed for reliability reasons. That's a guess but I think it's a pretty safe one.

A comparison between the Colt (top) and the later FNC (bottom):

In every way that matters, they are identical.

And here is the Colt compared to the early FNC (which is identical to the CETME:

There are so many differences, I'm not even going to attempt to point them all out because I'll probably get it wrong anyways. Cut me a break Francis....I'm not an engineer you know! But if you study them closely, you'll see the differences. You're probably smarter than me anyways!

Alrighty...I'm done. Be honest;that was mind-numbingly dull wasn't it? Now you know more than you probably ever cared to know about FNC and CETME L magazines. YaY!!!
    ghilliebear2000 likes this.
    With regards to the P7, there are two classes of people.

1. Those who know it to be the finest pistol ever produced.

2. Those who have yet to fire one.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hey Wilhem,

What happened to all of your pics in this thread? Did you delete them or did Photobucket just take a dump? The pics were a great complement to your already excellent write-up!

As a happy side note, the official HKPro.com Group Buy is now live for purchasing this CETME LC variant at a significant discount! Join the GB and get one while you can!
    - CPshooter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Photobucket has been down since mid-December. I've decided to start my own site and I'll post info when it's up and running. Hopefully, I can get a few Patreon supporters at that time to help with the cost. Thanks for the good words sir!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

In the meantime and to possibly help build interest for your group buy, below are a couple o' neato CETME LV pictures. You can click on them to enlarge. I am ready to do an article on this one too if PB ever works again or, barring that, when my site is up.

MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail-p1190571.jpg

MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail-p1190545.jpg

MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail-p1190560.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn! I just bought my LC 2 weeks ago, I didnt think the group buy would happen. ):

It's a very nice rifle, non the less. I got mine with a normal 16in barrel because I have no plans to sbr it.
    Last edited by gf113; 01-04-2020 at 10:17 PM.
    Wilhelm likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got one of these after I got the lottery email. Finally shot it last week, and it shoots and groups just as well as my L at 100 yards. I was also surprised at how comfortable it was to shoot
    Wilhelm likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Great feedback I picked up a couple of the Hill and Mac And had great luck out of them. Enjoy seeing different Views between the two weapons systems
    thank you
    Wilhelm likes this.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked up a LC. Mary hooked me up with a 2 tone black and green!

Wilhelm likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Picked up a LC. Mary hooked me up with a 2 tone black and green!

Those are SWAEET looking!!!!!

I don't know if you guys @Wilhelm saw this or not, but the owner, Dave @Augdog1964 chimed in about his testament to quality. Hat's off to you Dave.
    Nice looking firearms!!!

Here's the thread: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...nishing-2.html
    Last edited by Brad4065; 03-01-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    Wilhelm likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links