Ptr32P drum mags

Thread: Ptr32P drum mags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ptr32P drum mags

Hi there, I’m new too this forum. Figured this would be the right place too start. Bought a brand new ptr32P and can’t seem too get my drum mag too fit? Was wondering if anyone could point me too some drum mags that would fit out of box or give me tips? Thanks! - rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the Atlantic Arms website::Please Note : Due to the variations in AK mags made by different country's you may find that not all mags will work . We typically find that 7 out of 10 random mags work and you may need to mark the mags that specifically work with the PTR 32. Will not work with Bolt Hold Open mags . Will work with Pro Mag AK Drums will not work with metal AK drums.

That being said, the 72 round Pro mag drums are out of stock/discontinued at most places but I did see them recently on GB at [email protected] $150.
    Last edited by crimedogs; 12-05-2019 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only drums that fit the PTR 7.62x39 guns that I am aware of are the older Promag 73rd AK47 drums as they have a longer/taller feed tower than just about every other AK drum out there.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak47...um-blk-ak-a16/

I have a couple of them for my PTR guns and they fit the magwell just fine.

Unfortunately those drums have been discontinued for some time, are out of stock just about everywhere, and the only source is they occasionally pop up on Gunbroker. However, even gunbroker seems to be getting pretty rare as the last stocks of them seem to be drying up.

The replacement promag 50rd AK drum doesnt have the longer neck like the 73rd drum did.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you can cut part of the magwell off and fit "normal" drum mags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, that was a fairly common alteration to the early 32s and was referred to as "the drum cut". It looks a little funky, but the ability to run unaltered drums is worth it IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys for all the info, still trying too figure out how the forums work. I made the mistake of ordering a offbrand tri rail based on a shops advice for mp5 and it didn’t fit my ptr32P, so I’m wondering if a UTG hk53 tri rail will fit?

Sponsored Links