PTR 9KT issues
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shuntfix

Thread: PTR 9KT issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR 9KT issues

Recently bought their MP5 clone, took it out to shoot a few times, got it sighted in. Bought an Eotech xps-2 as I don't plan on using the irons much (though they were pretty accurate at 10/15 yards hadn't tried past)

Something about it has been bothering me and I just noticed the front sight post isn't even straight, it's canted left. Which they had to have known as the rear post is pushed all the way to the edge instead of centered.

Is this something that has happened alot with PTR? It seems to be shooting fine, 25 yards with the xps2 it's dead on.
    But it kills my OCD and I'm worried about any long term issues that may arise if I just leave as is. Opinions?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PTR's quality control on these is sloppy. Seen too many threads with the PTR 9 with issues. It always ends with "PTR is sending a return label"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 50BMGDUDE View Post
    PTR's quality control on these is sloppy. Seen too many threads with the PTR 9 with issues. It always ends with "PTR is sending a return label"
    Man of course. Sigh, my other worry is I live in VA. I'm not sure if I send it out, if it'll be legal for me to own anymore after they send it back.

Guess I'll email them and see what happens.
    Last edited by Jason-Wander; 12-15-2019 at 09:06 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You should be able to send it in for warranty work and receive it back. Its a pistol, the social elitists haven't banned those yet? Glad I moved out of NOVA 25 years ago.
    Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    You should be able to send it in for warranty work and receive it back. Its a pistol, the social elitists haven't banned those yet? Glad I moved out of NOVA 25 years ago.
    Bill
    They have bills prefiled for January 8th that would ban mags over 10, pistols that can accept over 10 round mags, suppresed barrels or pistols that "can accept mags anywhere other than the grip"

Hoping if it does go into effect, it's not immediate as no FFL will transfer it to me.

Actually, I can just send them the upper can't I? Though they wouldn't be able to field test it.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Wander View Post
    Actually, I can just send them the upper can't I? Though they wouldn't be able to field test it.
    Call them and ask. I would hypothesize that they would have a trigger pack that they could throw it on for test firing, if needed. Generally the slide is all that's required when a pistol is sent in for sight work, but I can't answer for them.

I picked up a 9CT back in September....same issue. Front sight appeared to have a slight cant to the left. Adjusted the deviation on the rear sight aperture and got it dialed in. I never contacted them about it, as it really hasn't been that big of an issue for me.
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had to send one back before during a "ban-state-riflegeddon of 2013" and had no issues. The firearm is yours. The manufacturer is merely correcting a defect.
    artimus009 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would wait until after the new year. The turnaround should be shorter and you’ll be able to talk about the situation in VA and whatever stance they may take on it on re-delivery to you.

Sponsored Links