Vector Arms MP5/40 question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vector Arms MP5/40 question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vector Arms MP5/40 question

A guy on Armslist is asking $1400 for a vector arms MP5/40 with two magazines. He says he has put a new German bolt in it. Is this a good price or overpriced? Apologies, not too much experience at all with MP5 clones. Not too much information about these things past 2008 either on here.

Also, he wants to trade me this for a Sig MCX Virtus. Decent deal/not a good deal?
    Last edited by ale80; 12-23-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

If it runs and has a german bolt in it, then I would buy it and have the chamber reamed to 10mm and run the heck out of it.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Seems like its a reasonable price, other makes of .40/10mm's start at $2000+++.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bspring1 View Post
    Seems like its a reasonable price, other makes of .40/10mm's start at $2000+++.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net
    If it runs it is a good deal, I have an RDTS MP5/40 that is phenomenal but they are several times that price. I really enjoy the .40SW out of a long gun, even though I hate it in a pistol.

One of the problems a lot of the lower priced US clones had was the trunnion cracking. Many used inferior bailey parts and the trunnions wore out over time. Just keep in mind that you may have that issue sooner or later and that's an extremely expensive fix...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    If it runs it is a good deal, I have an RDTS MP5/40 that is phenomenal but they are several times that price. I really enjoy the .40SW out of a long gun, even though I hate it in a pistol.

One of the problems a lot of the lower priced US clones had was the trunnion cracking. Many used inferior bailey parts and the trunnions wore out over time. Just keep in mind that you may have that issue sooner or later and that's an extremely expensive fix...

So with that being said, are there any major inspection points that I need to be paying attention to before I buy it? Outside of straightness of the barrel and front sight, and I guess general fit. I think the photos he shared of the welds looks okay, not the greatest but not the worst.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think the primary problem was the bullet guides breaking off their .40 and 10mm trunions

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I'd recommend staying away from anything Vector personally...I know there are some that "run", but in general you are headed into a big dust storm with no water, no goggles, no oxygen, and an open mouth......go watch Forrest Gump and "RUN"
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    I'd recommend staying away from anything Vector personally...I know there are some that "run", but in general you are headed into a big dust storm with no water, no goggles, no oxygen, and an open mouth......go watch Forrest Gump and "RUN"
    I think this is the best advice so far.....
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    Buddy of mine had a Vector that constantly seemed to have minor issues which prevented it from being a fun shooter. This is pretty solid advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My only experience with Vector is my early production, three digit serial number, V53. The gun has been perfect and has never once had a malfunction since I bought it in 2004. It's my favorite gun to shoot and I've put many thousand rounds through it without a single hiccup.

Other than that I have nothing to offer as far as an MP5/40 version. I'd ask to inspect the gun and shoot it before making the deal. You might end up with a diamond in the rough like I did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links