Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Builders hope so!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It was posted many times, a C93 is a parts set you can shoot. Back when the parts sets were readily available they were $400 and a SW93 receiver was $125 to $175. Very early guns were good. Century changed the barrel specs to make pressing the barrels easier to do. Problem was with less friction between the trunnion and the smaller diameter barrel, the barrel pins were not able to hold the barrel so the bolt gap would go away. I have one such C93. At least mine didn't have the bolt face ground. I have a 16" CHF Rim Country barrel. Some day I will get the barrel replaced, add a paddle mag release, and get it switched to use AR mags like all the other 5.56X45 host guns I have. Either that or I'll have a 33 clone built using a SW93 AR receiver I have tucked away.

Scott

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Century didn’t change the specs, rather it was the first contractor (nimrods that now make those 50 rd drums for M1As , HKs etc). They turned the barrels down a couple thousandths to make gapping the barrels easier.
    Vector made some great stuff. I still have a 53 of theirs. SW receivers were pretty good too, good enough to make a great 53K. I’m slowly putting together a 5.45x39 K with some of the receivers I bought back in the day. Even going to put a SW 89K receiver out on the table at my clubs gun show at the end of the month.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you're looking for one, a LGS in my area has one (maybe a couple of them).

PM me if your're interested and I'll forward you the contact info.
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hansellhd2 View Post
    Get a used Vector 93, it was a far better build than the C93.

This one has the original HK CHF barrel.
    Specs for your V93? (Mount, Scope, Rings)? Choate is looking good on that thing!

I think I may clone your clone. My C93 has been sitting in the back of a safe for years untouched and in need of a makeover.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    I will say this the HK 93 guns are some of the softest 5.56 guns to shoot I actually shoot these more than my AR15 rifles.
    The CETME L has it beat in that department.
    With regards to the P7, there are two classes of people.

1. Those who know it to be the finest pistol ever produced.

2. Those who have yet to fire one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think the only issue I had was to file down the back of both C93 shelf area where the back of the mag hits the magwell once I did this all HK steel mags worked plastic mags was a no go that's ok I buy one 30rnd mag every other pay check it is what it is anything HK means cash and if you are not going to be able to afford HK dont get into this very addictive hobby or expensive hobby. Ok so the Mods I did do was replace the cocking handle on both guns with extended ones, replaced safety selectors on both with extended ones, replaced both hump stocks with one 4pos collapsible stock one HK metal cap A2 stock, made one with all of green furniture including the SEF ODGREEN lower RTG parts the other a Navy lower in all black with collapsible stock, both have had trigger jobs 4lbs pull no creep, replaced the Collapsible stock guns flash hider for the mini 4 prong flash hider, refinished both in HKblack. I will next week send both guns to Bill Springfield for paddle mag release. Yeah people say it's a $500 gun you just spent a ton of money on a C93 but nobody bats an eye on making a retro AR15 or AK47 build. I know these are Century arms guns but the gun itself isnt bad and if you were to accessorize a real HK93 you still would be spending the same money I did for the accessories that's the name of the beast that is HK. Last it is a C93 it does have problems buyer beware of these issues I was ok with that me and my friend kinda like project guns that's my zen time making a turd into something good lol!
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 02-04-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hansellhd2 View Post
    Get a used Vector 93, it was a far better build than the C93.

This one has the original HK CHF barrel.
    That's one excellent looking rifle. Can't say I've seen too many for sale out and about, but if I do I'll keep it in mind.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARC193 View Post
    That's one excellent looking rifle. Can't say I've seen too many for sale out and about, but if I do I'll keep it in mind.
    Theres a half dozen on GB as of two evenings ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    The CETME L has it beat in that department.
    I think that's subjective Bro, recoil is minimal on both. The "L" may have slightly better handling characteristics.
    HDH.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links