Will the C93 ever come back?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Will the C93 ever come back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will the C93 ever come back?

My first HK anything was a Century Arms C93. It was a decent rifle and did its job, but I've since traded it for an Arsenal AK (a good deal, in my mind).

That being said..will they ever come back? I think the originals had parts that were from Malaysia or some such. Thoughts?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most of the c93s I see for sale are 800-1000

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not unless another country sells someone, namely Century, 1000s of kits on the cheap.

Few counties used the HK93 as a service weapon, so likelihood is low.

And yes, the kits used for the C93 were Malaysian HK contract rifles.

The C93 was built by a variety of subcontractors, to include the reworks done at the end of the run by PTR.

Quality seemed to vary on the skill of the subcontractor, and to some certain extent the type of receiver flat incorporated. Early recievers were reportedly SW and perhaps the better models (this is of course a matter of debate and sub-discussion).

YMMV.
    Last edited by Lumbergh; 02-02-2020 at 02:29 AM.
    "Amat victoria curam"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Not unless another country sells someone, namely Century, 1000s of kits on the cheap.

Few counties used the HK93 as a service weapon, so likelihood is low.

And yes, the kits used for the C93 were Malaysian HK contract rifles.

The C93 was built by a variety of subcontractors, to include the reworks done at the end of the run by PTR.

Quality seemed to vary on the skill of the subcontractor, and to some certain extent the type of receiver flat incorporated. Early recievers were reportedly SW and perhaps the better models (this is of course a matter of debate and sub-discussion).

YMMV.
    I agree with most of this and is accurate. Where I depart in agreement is that Century would wind up with any as of yet undiscovered imports of parts kit rifles. If by chance some magical pile of unicorn surplus rifles were found and made available to the market I highly doubt CAI would end up with them. They were unable to complete the last pile they had and pawned them off to PTR, many with defects already built in that even PTR couldn't resolve.
    In a nutshell there will never be another C93. Rather, if such should occur I'm guessing PTR would wind up with the lot. Or at least some company other than CAI.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bet if PTR wanted to they could make a clone. Honestly they may have to start doing some crazy stuff, now that HK SP5’s are in business I suspect their MP5 clone prices may suffer. Just a guess.

As they say, desperation drives innovation, should PTR come to that (hopefully not).

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARC193 View Post
    My first HK anything was a Century Arms C93. It was a decent rifle and did its job, but I've since traded it for an Arsenal AK (a good deal, in my mind).

That being said..will they ever come back? I think the originals had parts that were from Malaysia or some such. Thoughts?
    If you had a good one, & sold it, chances are you won’t get another good one. Most were junk, & improperly assembled. But if you feel lucky, roll the dice, & take a chance. I bought one on their Galil clones. While it worked fine, the head spacing was rapidly going away, which was the common problem. So I sold it, & a year later found one at work that was traded in. Got it dirt cheap, but not before I had the gunsmith check both lugs for proper fitment which was the problem with my first one. It was fine, so I bought it. So you never know with a Century made gun. Can you be lucky 2 times in a row. One FFL I help at gun shows still has one, & doesn’t even bring it to shows any more, & I won’t buy it. I used all my good luck on my second Galil clone. GARY

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Get a used Vector 93, it was a far better build than the C93.

This one has the original HK CHF barrel.
    HDH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll take a look at the pre owned Vector 93's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was lucky twice once with a C93 and a PTR C93 both are excellent guns both have held head space I have no complaints my buddy who has an early C93 had serious issues wont take any mags but Aluminum ONLY not even HK steel mags and didnt hold head space I believe he had some serious work done more money spent then what he purchased. I believe barrel removed replaced with HK one plus reinstall to proper head space and had the rear of the magwell filed down where the back of the mag hits the magwell and original mag catch hole welded up and recut to spec. Oh yeah and paddle mag installed and had two welds near the trunnion filled man he was pissed but he wanted an HK93 and spent money to get it. I he eventually refinished it HK black looks kick ass since he had extra paint he did my 2x rifles I was happy. I have to say he was lucky he did all the work so it was mostly parts cost so be very carefull buying a C93 I got blind luck he got blind bad luck but he was able to fix his problems.
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 02-03-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I will say this the HK 93 guns are some of the softest 5.56 guns to shoot I actually shoot these more than my AR15 rifles.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links