Zenith/MP5F Parts Compatibility

Thread: Zenith/MP5F Parts Compatibility

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Zenith/MP5F Parts Compatibility

I picked up a parts kit today to pick apart for small parts and to sell the rest. Most of the parts are from an MP5F, but my Zenith is not an F-type MP5.

Which parts from the MP5F can be dropped into the older bolt carrier group? In particular, I'm looking at keeping an F-type firing pin/firing pin spring and F-type extractor, but I don't know if they can be used in a pre-Action 3 bolt head.

These are the parts I'm receiving:
    Zenith/MP5F Parts Compatibility-pix176520139.jpg

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have been reading up myself on the differences for my own project. The one thing mentioned the F carrier was a different spec for accepting the Ftype recoil spring assembly. I do not speak from experience here. I will be watching for the answers as well since I have an F bolt on the way and was considering a F firing spring and other possible upgrades.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

From my experience, all those parts should work fine except the auto sear bolt trip lever.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Got the parts in today - everything looks great and further research suggests that I should be fine using the F-type firing pin/FP spring and extractor in my Zenith.

I did however notice that the hammer spring I received is a bit longer than expected. The one I have is roughly 3 1/4" long, whereas most hammer springs I've seen for sale with a measurement are closer to 3 1/16" long. Is this hammer spring compatible with only ambi packs, only SEF packs, or does it not matter?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Follow-up on this: I managed to get a hold of someone at HK USA and was told that the F-type extractors are fine for use in any MP5 bolt head. Didn't solve the hammer spring question, but that's a much less likely replacement anyway.

Sponsored Links