Z-5P binary or original trigger for break in?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grumpyoldretiredcop

Thread: Z-5P binary or original trigger for break in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Z-5P binary or original trigger for break in?

Thanks to some gracious soul who posted it on these forums I was finally able to purchase a Z-5P from auction. Have a bit of an odd question though. Been sitting on a BFSIII that I plan to use. I'm going to figure out exactly what I need to put together it's own separate trigger housing. As far as the break-in process, aside from checking for functionality and verifying whether any issues are caused by the BFSIII; is there any reasons to stick with the factory housing until at least after the break in process is completed?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looking through Zenith's manuals, I don't see any recommended break in scheme. Once you've confirmed good operation with your factory parts, installing your BFSIII in its own housing is OK. As long as you're using a quality housing (preferably factory HK) and install a factory HK ejector in your BFSIII, you shouldn't have any issues. Be aware that some clone manufacturers' ejectors aren't within HK specs for thickness, causing binding. If you experience that, use a factory HK ejector.

If you run into problems after that, give Franklin Armory a call or email; we'll be happy to help you out.
    urtho9 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, thank you for the response. I read everywhere that the SEF housings that the BFSIII is designed to run with work best so I ordered mp5k-sef-contoured-trigger-housing-push-pin(only have 4 posts so can't do links yet) from HKparts along with the other parts to set it up in it's own stand-alone housing. Looking forward to everything finally coming together, started planning this all the way back in 2018.

Sponsored Links