Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JJIV
  • 1 Post By Lumbergh

Thread: New PTR 9 CT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New PTR 9 CT

Hey All,

I went to the local store the other day looking for a Daniel defense pistol. I was looking for something with a short barrel and lighter rifle to complement my other AR 15, which is a 16Ē HBAR version, and also something a bit higher end. I looked through what they had, which wasnít much in terms of options until the sales guy brings out this beauty. This was a complete impulse buy in the sense that I had no idea who PTR was, nor did I know anything other than it was a MP5 clone, and didnít even go in looking for it. Iíve always wanted a 9mm carbine so I pulled the trigger. I also bought the silencer but itís in tax stamp jail right now. We had to order the brace so I did the break-in in itís pistol form and loved it off the bat. Had a couple FTEs during the break in period but after about 300 rounds, no more.

Ordered all the parts to set it up the way I like it and took it to the range today and put another 250 rounds through it without a single issue or malfunction. The gun ran flawlessly today and Iím blown away at how this weapon system performs. It shoots so nice and soft and is stupid accurate at the 25 yards. Iíve got a new favorite gun in my arsenal. Here are some pics.

New PTR 9 CT-d7bdb4ee-0281-430c-9d96-c310dbfa4f1b.jpegNew PTR 9 CT-2f610fba-5eca-4483-8254-8ef431228315.jpegNew PTR 9 CT-0c2b3861-f425-470e-a98f-a4ea8d931ffb.jpeg
    BulkHead likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice. Did it come with the ETS mags? Have had mine about 8 months. It goes to the range with me every time. Put 150 tp 200 rounds each time. Love it.

Mine came with 2 metal magazines not marked but 9mm on it. I have an ets and it is the tightest mag I have no wiggle in it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup it came with 2 ETS mags. I ordered 2 more and haven’t had any issues in the 5-600 or so rounds so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Polaris47 likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My buddy got one in December and described he same experience. Couple of malf in the first couple hundred rounds (and some minor mag issues). After that he has yet to have any issues and totally loves it. Congrats on the new purchase, looks like it will be a blast to shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just get ready to spend a crap load of money to feed the thing.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Welcome back--- quite nice--- thanks for the report!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links