PTR K3P stock question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PTR K3P stock question

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR K3P stock question

I'm getting a K3P and intend to set it up as a G3K clone.
    What exactly is the difference between the G3 collapsible stock and the G3K/K3P collapsible stock?
    If the full size collapsible stock can't be used on the P3W, is there any problem with using a full size fixed stock like a clubfoot on a K3P?
    Edited for corrected model number
    Last edited by BulkHead; 02-28-2020 at 11:43 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Corrected OP for correct model, the K3P 12.5" barrel.
    The source of my confusion on this is that everything I had been reading was that the K3P and G3K use the same bolt and carrier as the 91/91R. Then going through some older threads last night I saw a mention that the A3 stock wouldn't work with the K3P, as evidenced by HK Parts having a different stock for the PDWs. The K3P is listed as a PDW/pistol in the Atlantic website, and when I checked the HK Parts site it has a specific stock for the PDWs, and says the "regular" A3s can't be used with it and that they have specially modified the PDW stock to work.
    So I've got an A3 stock with Will Springfield's heavy buffer that I got for my 91R, and if the K3P and the 91R use the same carrier and bolt, I'm not seeing why they couldn't use the same stock. I've seen numerous pics of the K3P with tele stocks and full size stocks, so the HK Parts site prohibitions makes no sense to me based on my understanding of the system.

HK Parts standard A3 stock, says not for PDW

HK Parts PDW stock, says it's for PDW models both NATO and x39
    I'm wondering if HK Parts is saying PDW but meaning the sub 12.5" barrel version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Typically PDW refers to the 8" barrel on the 91/93 series.
    The 8" requires a collapsing recoil rod. See the front end of the spring in the links above.
    BulkHead likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JBhunter View Post
    Typically PDW refers to the 8" barrel on the 91/93 series.
    The 8" requires a collapsing recoil rod. See the front end of the spring in the links above.
    That's kind of the source of the confusion: PTR calls all of them PDW, but I think the HK Parts listings is considering the sub 12" models as PDWs. From almost everything I've found the 12" is ok to run the normal A3 stocks, full stocks, whatever. It uses the same bolt and carrier as the full size. There were just a few oddball references to having to use a different stock and the HK Parts listings added to the confusion.
    My plan is to get it SBR'd and use the spare A3 stock that I have.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked it up today. I'll be SBRing this very soon. I'm eager to have this cloned to a G3K, looks like it will be exactly what I'm looking for to go in the truck.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So here are the K3P back plate and recoil rod assembly along with the A3 stock assembly. The recoil rods are the same length and composition. So it appears that the HK Parts prohibition on using the A3 stock with the K3P "PDW" is mistaken/incorrect and likely just applies to the sub-12" PDWs.
    SBR filing soon, and then I'll have the A3 on the K3P and that will be on the way to a G3K clone.

PTR K3P stock question-9ca1bb43-e4ca-4c76-884b-72089eeb2196_1_201_a.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use a regular clubfoot stock on my K3p with no issues.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At this point it looks like the HK Parts website has incorrect information. The PDWs they refer to are the 8" barrel versions, not the 12" PDWs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for clarifying this. TFB has a large Review on this "Pistol" - the K3P - and I am thinking of buying one. The Author went on about how he had to send his A4 stock off to have a "PDW" modification done to it, but he never tried to mount the stock and never compared the recoil assemblies of the standard spring & endcap to the A4. It was helpful for you to post this thread, as multiple sources online conflict as to whether or not you need a "PDW" stock or a standard A4 stock - but they offer no evidence as to what needs to be changed. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
    BulkHead likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, if it was the K3P 12.5" version I have no idea what would need to be modified.
    I've got pretty much all of my G3K clone parts, and an MI rail, along with another HK #17 LP so I'm just waiting on my SBR application to be approved in the next few weeks so I can go shoot with the telestock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links