SEF trigger housing issues
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: SEF trigger housing issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2020
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default SEF trigger housing issues

    Hello gang,

    I have a PTR 9ct model. I recently purchased a brand new HK SEF housing. I had to fit the front, just widen it up a bit so it can slide in. The housing fits perfectly and looks awesome. Now hereís the problem, once I put in the PTR trigger pack, the pack sits a bit high because the lower four slabs/tabs on the receiver are not letting the trigger pack sit completely. Itís like itís too high and itís pushing the trigger downward creating a 1/2Ē gap att the rear. What else can I do to get it seated properly?

  2. #2
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 615
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy1305 View Post
    Hello gang,

    I have a PTR 9ct model. I recently purchased a brand new HK SEF housing. I had to fit the front, just widen it up a bit so it can slide in. The housing fits perfectly and looks awesome. Now hereís the problem, once I put in the PTR trigger pack, the pack sits a bit high because the lower four slabs/tabs on the receiver are not letting the trigger pack sit completely. Itís like itís too high and itís pushing the trigger downward creating a 1/2Ē gap att the rear. What else can I do to get it seated properly?
    Is the pack above the rim of the housing or below? You say the rear is about a 1/2" from seating. Is this the same without a pack in it? I remember when I was doing a C&P for my PTR that the back would not seat and reason being it still needed to go forward. So the opening in the front had to be increased to allow that. If it truly is the pack not matching the block on the inside of the housing, you could always use bluing marker or of sorts to see where its hitting and then dremel where needed.
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2020
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Is the pack above the rim of the housing or below? You say the rear is about a 1/2" from seating. Is this the same without a pack in it? I remember when I was doing a C&P for my PTR that the back would not seat and reason being it still needed to go forward. So the opening in the front had to be increased to allow that. If it truly is the pack not matching the block on the inside of the housing, you could always use bluing marker or of sorts to see where its hitting and then dremel where needed.
    The pack is below the rim

    Without the pack the housing sits fine

    I tried with a different pack and it does the same

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 615
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    With or without BCG installed? If it goes together without trigger pack, should go together with if it’s sitting below the rim. Should be about 1/16” below if memory serves me correct. Also, with BCG, is it in battery? Are you trying with hammer dropped or cocked? Those are the only things that would stop it or make seem like it. Pictures would help. Of pack in housing and when trying to install. Because if the pack is below rim front to rear, and you managed to get selector in, she is home.

  6. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2020
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Pack in housing
    SEF trigger housing issues-3c23b3e8-f55d-4580-b107-fc2f940519c7.jpeg
    Housing without pack in gun
    SEF trigger housing issues-dc320136-a249-4df2-8114-706df47ccb83.jpeg
    SEF trigger housing issues-ea5760bc-1fc4-47e0-ae17-f652f79753ce.jpeg
    Housing and pack in gun
    SEF trigger housing issues-beaccecd-b4f6-4772-9029-0cd353d20081.jpeg

  7. #6
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 615
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Is that your original trigger pack/box? If not, is the front notched out for the shelf?

  8. #7
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2020
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    The pack is the original one, the housing is HK

  9. #8
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 615
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy1305 View Post
    The pack is the original one, the housing is HK
    Sorry bud, without having in hand, I’ve exhausted all I can think of that might be causing the issue. Probably something small and stupid that’s right in front of you. Murphy’s law and all. My money was on the lower not going far enough forward. I remember doing mine that was the deciding factor.

  10. #9
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2020
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I’ll try and see if I can have it sit a bit forward. Hopefully this will do the trick

  11. #10
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 615
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    If your pin goes through when putting on brace or end cap, then it’s forward all the way. Which in 1 pic it looks to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts