Bolt gap
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bolt gap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bolt gap

I recently picked up an SLG95 from a gun show and upon inspection realized the bolt gap is approximately 0.0025in, what size rollers should I order (and other parts) to get close to the “sweet zone”? Thanks in advance and I’m glad to be apart of the forum finally!

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dev70 View Post
    I recently picked up an SLG95 from a gun show and upon inspection realized the bolt gap is approximately 0.0025in, what size rollers should I order (and other parts) to get close to the “sweet zone”? Thanks in advance and I’m glad to be apart of the forum finally!

Interesting read here. May want to look at locking piece first to see how worn it is being a non 'HK' weapon. Also, just a thought, you may want to "size" the rollers that are in your bolt presently. 8mm is nominal. Considering they are only available in certain sizes, it would be best to know where you are currently to get where you need to be. They are available in +4, +2, 0, -2, -4. Plus sizes add gap while negative lessons. I'm stating this because one would think from the factory, there would be 0's in there. But not being "HK", the MFG could have done anything to get the gap into spec including a non-preferred roller size.

Disclaimer, I am a nobody sitting behind a screen using a keyboard. Hopefully an armorer will chime in to maybe add validity my words. @Chopstix Kid maybe?

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...s-trunion.html
    Chopstix Kid likes this.
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If it is an actual FMP produced gun they are every bit the quality of an HK having been produced on HK tooling under the watchful eye of HK. Part of the contract was actually supply X number of guns for the Bundeswehr as part of the deal to get set up FMP with producing G3 rifles.

That being said, chargerdude is correct in saying inspect your parts for maker marks, wear, and damage.

Also verify you correctly checked bolt gap, it should be a slip fit with a feeler gauge after dropping the hammer. It is possible to force a feeler gauge in which can give you a false reading.

I had a locking peice someone had decided to apparrantly used a wire wheel on to polish it bright. It was bright but also was trash at that point because how much it moved the bolt gap.
    Look through the images below, they should help you calculate and swap Rollers to what you need once you verify your locking peice is good.
    Bolt gap-gallery_401_47_19352.jpgBolt gap-med_gallery_401_47_9912.jpgBolt gap-med_gallery_401_47_19195.jpg
    Last edited by gulfstategaurd; 03-09-2020 at 05:18 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

0.0025 warrants a repress of the barrel as that is far too small for oversized rollers.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't the rifle caliber guns have a wider range of bolt gap spec than the MP5? The H&K factory feeler gauge goes all the way down to 0.1mm. If so, I would think that oversize rollers should bring it at least past 0.1mm.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-germa...uge-p17052.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post

Interesting read here. May want to look at locking piece first to see how worn it is being a non 'HK' weapon. Also, just a thought, you may want to "size" the rollers that are in your bolt presently. 8mm is nominal. Considering they are only available in certain sizes, it would be best to know where you are currently to get where you need to be. They are available in +4, +2, 0, -2, -4. Plus sizes add gap while negative lessons. I'm stating this because one would think from the factory, there would be 0's in there. But not being "HK", the MFG could have done anything to get the gap into spec including a non-preferred roller size.

Disclaimer, I am a nobody sitting behind a screen using a keyboard. Hopefully an armorer will chime in to maybe add validity my words. @Chopstix Kid maybe?

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...s-trunion.html
    Thank you for tour feedback. If I get time this week, I will tear it down and get some measurements and some pictures and report back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    If it is an actual FMP produced gun they are every bit the quality of an HK having been produced on HK tooling under the watchful eye of HK. Part of the contract was actually supply X number of guns for the Bundeswehr as part of the deal to get set up FMP with producing G3 rifles.

That being said, chargerdude is correct in saying inspect your parts for maker marks, wear, and damage.

Also verify you correctly checked bolt gap, it should be a slip fit with a feeler gauge after dropping the hammer. It is possible to force a feeler gauge in which can give you a false reading.

I had a locking peice someone had decided to apparrantly used a wire wheel on to polish it bright. It was bright but also was trash at that point because how much it moved the bolt gap.
    Look through the images below, they should help you calculate and swap Rollers to what you need once you verify your locking peice is good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_401_47_19352.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	253890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med_gallery_401_47_9912.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	253892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med_gallery_401_47_19195.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	253894
    Thank you for the feedback, I will follow chargersude’s words of wisdom and check current parts better. The pictures you posted will help tremendously, so thank you for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also gulf, would you happen to know what years fmp made the slg95s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    0.0025 warrants a repress of the barrel as that is far too small for oversized rollers.
    That hurts to Read that. Hopefully that isn’t too costly. Maybe I’ll start with some rollers and a new locking piece since that’s cheap enough. Will report with results. Thanks though!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

AGG, Tony is the keeper of the serial numbers for most things HK related. If you send him the serial he might be able to provide you information. Part of challenge with FMP rifles is some were imported as complete rifles, some were imported as complete recievers and built with surplus parts kits. You need to pull the handguard and look at barrel stampings just in front of the trunnion, pull the bolt carrier, it should have a flat area with FMP and likely a date, look at top of bolt head. Then look at actual engraving on the reciever. Does the reciever or barrel have importer markings on them? The import markings on barrel would typically indicate it was imported as complete rifle. The barrel, bolt, carrier markings matching would also indicate a factory built rifle.

Also verify you posted the correct bolt gap measurement.
    Usually it is expressed as follows (to steal from Dakota Tacticals own post;
    "Shipping spec from the factory:
    Min 0.004"
    Max 0.020"
    Ideal 0.014"

Recommended "in-service" range:
    Min 0.010"
    Max 0.020"

Is your gap .025 or is it .0025 as you posted?
    Last edited by gulfstategaurd; 03-11-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links