Z-93 Custom Rifle (HK Blue/Grey) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Z-93 Custom Rifle (HK Blue/Grey)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m a FAL guy. Rolled my first in the early 90’s. Century Brit kit on a Enterprise Buena Park inch receiver. Have owned FN produced and rolled many since then.

So if you want to compare FAL’s look at the price of a DSA compared to a SAR 48 or a Argie imported FAL.
    The SAR 48 and Argie were produced by a FN licensed manufacturer. You are looking at a 1K to 2K difference over the DSA.

Disclaimer,

I like HK’s too!
    Had a good friend that I shot with all the time that was a big HK freak.
    I got to shoot his 91, 93 and SP89 when we went shooting. So I never bought a roller locker.
    When I moved out of state and didn’t shoot with him anymore I bought a few.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 03-15-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Nehalemguy likes this.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HD Bee View Post
    If you look at what the upper end AR’s go for and what used HK 93’s go for. Also the fact that Zenith doesn’t make them anymore.
    I don’t think the price is to out of line for a 93 made on HK tooling.

Before HK brought out the SP5 Z-5RS’s where going for around that price with a brace.
    What do you mean ? They just released the 93, they cancelled the 43p. I don't think Zenith ever made anything. They buy from MKE at probably 600.00 a pop being made in Turkey and import them.

That's just it, you're creeping into the territory of a factory gun that isn't produced any longer so supply drives the price of HK93's so that price is more understandable. I may pay that for a 43p but those are fewer farther between.
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 03-15-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=HKaltwasser;3666976]What do you mean ? They just released the 93, they cancelled the 43p. I don't think Zenith ever made anything. They buy from MKE at probably 600.00 a pop being made in Turkey and import them.

Yes, Zenith imports firearms from MKE just like Springfield Armory imported the SAR 48 from Imbel.

I don’t see a 93 or anything in 223 listed on Zeniths site. Everything listed is in 9mm and out of stock.
    With Turkey at war in Syria I doubt we will see anything from MKE for a while, maybe years.

Zenith may purchase a firearm from MKE for 600. Then you have to add shipping from Turkey to the US. Then shipping from the port to Zenith’s warehouse. Then stocking the firearm in the warehouse. That adds a lot of cost to the base purchase price of the firearm.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 03-15-2020 at 10:40 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I lived in a free state, I would pay that.

But, I'm a little off, and love the HK 33/93 family. The HK33 clone I had built invoiced out at about $1050 - $1100, including labor, all parts, Malaysian kit, and U.S. Barrel. To me that was a great deal, but that party is over.

I hope Zenith gets more of those.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

[QUOTE=HD Bee;3667074]
    Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    What do you mean ? They just released the 93, they cancelled the 43p. I don't think Zenith ever made anything. They buy from MKE at probably 600.00 a pop being made in Turkey and import them.

Yes, Zenith imports firearms from MKE just like Springfield Armory imported the SAR 48 from Imbel.

I don’t see a 93 or anything in 223 listed on Zeniths site. Everything listed is in 9mm and out of stock.
    With Turkey at war in Syria I doubt we will see anything from MKE for a while, maybe years.

Zenith may purchase a firearm from MKE for 600. Then you have to add shipping from Turkey to the US. Then shipping from the port to Zenith’s warehouse. Then stocking the firearm in the warehouse. That adds a lot of cost to the base purchase price of the firearm.
    I'm quite familiar with how the process works how and the added costs from that point .

I was simply stating the fact that Zenith was getting MKE to start making the 93's and and stopped the 43p's. I could see how they would be focusing all of their war making abilities for themselves as MKE makes weapons for Turkish government contract. The 93 is supposed to be added to their line of products soon. Do you have some inside info that they won't be making them any longer and this is the only one?

If this is the only one, it's well worth that then.
    Last edited by HKaltwasser; 03-15-2020 at 10:51 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FergusandCo View Post
    If I lived in a free state, I would pay that.

But, I'm a little off, and love the HK 33/93 family. The HK33 clone I had built invoiced out at about $1050 - $1100, including labor, all parts, Malaysian kit, and U.S. Barrel. To me that was a great deal, but that party is over.

I hope Zenith gets more of those.
    I’m from LA. The CA AW ban got me into building EBR’s. Every time I built one I felt like I was giving Sacramento and Bay Area the Bird!!
    Then we moved to TX and I was like a kid in a candy store. Had to change FFLs because the ATF started asking the guy I was using if I was running guns. LOL
    FergusandCo likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=HKaltwasser;3667100]

I'm quite familiar with how the process works how and the added costs from that point .

I was simply stating the fact that Zenith was getting MKE to start making the 93's and and stopped the 43p's. I could see how they would be focusing all of their war making abilities for themselves as MKE makes weapons for Turkish government contract. The 93 is supposed to be added to their line of products soon. Do you have some inside info that they won't be making them any longer and this is the only one?

If this is the only one, it's well worth that then.

Google Zenith Z-43 and Z-41. They imported 223 and 308 rifles from MKE at one time. Atlantic sold them.

I was watching a Z-43 rifle on GB last year. A guy in Houston had it. He wanted around 1400.00 for it. I ended up going for a C93 and a C91.
    I didn’t like the fact that MKE put the mag block in the mag well so either you had to use their mags or modified HK mags.

BTW. Don’t mess with me. I live just down 12 from you. I will come up and hijack the next load of TP to the Dripping HEB and bring it down south. Just Kidding!! LOL
    Last edited by HD Bee; 03-16-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    AGG likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

[QUOTE=HD Bee;3667116]
    Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post

Google Zenith Z-43 and Z-41. They imported 223 and 308 rifles from MKE at one time. Atlantic sold them.

I was watching a Z-43 rifle on GB last year. A guy in Houston had it. He wanted around 1400.00 for it. I ended up going for a a C93 and a C91.
    I didn’t like the fact that MKE put the mag block in the mag well so either you had to use their mags or modified HK mags.

BTW. Don’t mess with me. I live just down 12 from you. I will come up and hijack the next load of TP to the Dripping HEB and bring it down south. Just Kidding!! LOL
    Hahah, nice didn't realize you were a neighbor. On the TP, luckily I was well stocked before all this mess. I'm just sitting back with my popcorn right now.

Are you in Wimberely?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=HKaltwasser;3667122]

Hahah, nice didn't realize you were a neighbor. On the TP, luckily I was well stocked before all this mess. I'm just sitting back with my popcorn right now.

Are you in Wimberely?
    Yes.
    10-4 on the popcorn, just watching the show.
    Coming from LA earthquake awareness is pounded into your head from kindergarten on.
    When the Blanco flooded and the power and city water where out for 2 weeks. I had the generator chained to the back porch and slept in the room above it locked and loaded.
    This still doesn’t have anything on the King riots.
    But I’m starting to sidetrack the OP’s post.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 03-16-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Z-43Ps have gone for crazy amounts lately on GB. Simple supply and demand I would imagine

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/857438020

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856116285

-E-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links